HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Saturday, March 15, 2008

Yoo hoo! Mother Nature!

I opened one eye and turned to look out the window. "You have GOT to be frigging kidding me, Mother Nature", I screamed.

It was snowing. Snowing. Have we not had enough of this to last a lifetime and then some? Why yes, I believe we have. Plus I had places to go, things to do. And snow was not part of my plan.

So I did what any right-thinking person would do. I pulled up the covers, plopped my head back on the pillows, and went back to sleep.

Awakening several hours later, I did my errand, which was to sell all my surplus gold while gold was still at such a high value. Now I have enough money to pay for car insurance. For my new car. Which I should be picking up in a couple of weeks.

A car. Tra lalalala! A Car!

And we will be free again.

In other fabulous news, the Boy is so happy I think he's about to burst. A wonderful local blogger, Rhea of The Boomer Chronicles, won a Guitar Hero3 at SWSX and not having an XBox (or any teenagers), she gave it to the Boy. Isn't that the coolest thing ever? He's got 4 friends over right now and they're "beasting" it, whatever that means. They love this game, and I have to admit, it's wicked fun. So go over and visit Rhea and say how nice and pretty and generous she is. She deserves it!

Lastly, I have a new rule. Teenagers that come over to the house MUST take a shower first. Ahem. We've had a couple of 'incidents' with teenage boys to whom the concept of bathing appears to be foreign. One kid whom I had never met before came over and he smelled so bad that my entire house REEKED of him. The first thing I said when he left was "Grab the Febreeze and spray the furniture." Yes, it was that bad. OMG, you guys with younger kids, you are not going to believe the odiferousness of teenage boys. It is truly astounding. Bad, but astounding.

Labels: , , , ,

Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

2 Comments:

Blogger Daisy said...

I totally understand the shower requirement. I taught 6th grade for nine years -- I used to keep a scented candle on my desk. I don't know how high school teachers deal with the odors!

15/3/08 2:38 PM  
Blogger Pand0ra Wilde said...

I'm on staff for an anime convention and we call it "fanboy funk" and gently encourage congoers to hook themselves up with showers as needed for the good of all.

Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

19/3/08 10:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.