HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Thursday, April 10, 2008

From your mouth to God's ear

Have you seen this advertisement on your travels around the blogosphere?


Is this not the stupidest ad you've ever seen? Like there is anything remotely secret about Blogher conferences? Not when every attendee takes it upon herself to photograph every hair on every women she's met, blogs incessently about who is so (sqeee) adorable, who drank what with whom, whose boobs are the perkiest, and who has the coolest shoes. The damn conference is live blogged, twittered, and reported upon using every possible social media product that currently exists.

The months before are filled with "are you going?" posts. Then, as the time gets closer we get to read about what the attendees will be wearing, every shopping trip, every pedicure, manicure and haircut meticulously documented on blogs around the world. The travel plans, who is flying with whom, who is rooming with whom, who is drinking with whom... oh yeah, we get to read it all. It's enough to make you run screaming from your computer as the 10000 posts roil around and around the blogosphere.

Yeah, I get that the ad is a play on the Las Vegas ads, but really... what dumbell thought up this ad scheme? All you have to do is think about how silly it is, when the reality is just the opposite. I just wish that for once, what happens at Blogher would stay at Blogher. Because frankly, the pictures of people licking each other are gross.

And if you are going to take pictures, could you PLEASE label them so we who are subjected to them on our regular reads at least know who we're looking at. I know you think that these people are all famous, but for the most part, I have no clue who they are. And I'm sure I'm far from alone!

Have fun in San Francisco. Just forget to write, OK?

Labels: , , ,

Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

5 Comments:

Blogger Rhiannon said...

I am going to BlogHer - BUT as an online marketer in my career, I find this ad ridiculous. It's just like a few years ago when everyone was playing on the Got Milk campaign. I don't understand why a marketer would make the CHOICE to reuse an idea such as this. Why wouldn't you pick something clever on your own. If the conference was being held in Las Vegas that would be one thing. But, it's NOT, so this is dumb.

10/4/08 5:54 PM  
Blogger Blog Antagonist said...

Snort. I couldn't agree more. BlogHer...yannow...I've said this before, I don't think they're doing much for women bloggers other than exploiting them. I won't and wouldn't go.

10/4/08 7:08 PM  
Blogger Blog Antagonist said...

Oh, and...unless you're one of the a-listers, it's bound to be a blow to the self-esteem, since the cliques have been formed long ago. I've never been part of the in crowd, and my adulthood is no different. No thanks.

10/4/08 7:09 PM  
Blogger Fairly Odd Mother said...

Yes,I do get tired of all the chatter about this event. As someone who makes not one red cent off my blog, I could never, ever justify spending the money to fly across the country for this. Maybe if I was in the 'in' crowd, it'd be fun. . .but I think I'd just sit and look at everyone and wonder what I was doing there.

10/4/08 9:27 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

I couldn't disagree more. With all of it. As someone who attended my first blogher con in 06 with no more than 60 hits a day and sat and talked with the so called A-listers, I think you should do a bit more homework.

And seriously-does no one have a sense of humor anymore?

15/4/08 11:23 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.