HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

The Hornones, the hormones!

I've been posting a lot about the Girl lately. She's making her presence very well known in the house. She's a bundle of raging hormones and frankly, I'm getting a bit tired of it. The screaming, the tantrumming, the threats. She's a real bundle of joy.

I got home from my 4th trip to the grocery store to get some 'last minute' stuff for Passover, and when I got home she was, of course, on the phone. I asked her to come help unload the car she she was not pleased. I was interrupting her. What a bitch I am. Just ask her. It's exactly what she told her friend on the phone.

I asked her to please finish up doing the dishes, since her MO is to do most, but not all of the dishes, and then move those she didn't do to the side of the sink. This drives me crazy. Obviously. The second I asked her, she (still on the phone) yells "Stop bitching at me!". Um, OK. Now I feel the steam rising and starting to pour out my ears.

I tell her to get off the phone and she yells at me some more. "How is this extra gallon of milk going to fit in the refrigerator?" she yells. I tell her to move stuff around and now she's furious. That would mean she might actually have to DO something. Which is against her religion, evidentally.

She starts screaming bloody murder at her brother, who admittedly is pushing her buttons, and when I tell her to shut her trap, she turns on me, punches me in the arm, and goes totally ballistic. I tell her to fork over her IPod right this minute and she refuses. I tell her again, warning her that if she doesn't, she will 100% grounded during school vacation next week. A fate worse than death, and she's experienced this horror before, so she knows the threat is real.

She gives me the Ipod and I tell her that she will get it back after school vacation, and she threatens me. Threatens me. And then threatens her brother when he cracks up.

So guess who is grounded next week for total mouthiness and a bad attitude? And guess who told ME I need an attitude adjustment? Oh man, she's really cruising on thin ice, that one. Vwey thin ice.

Labels: , , , ,

Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

3 Comments:

Blogger Blog Antagonist said...

Oh my Gaaaaaaawd. I remember some of the absolutely horrible things I said to my mother and I just cringe. It's amazing any kid makes it to adulthodd. Seriously.

15/4/08 6:44 PM  
Blogger Daisy said...

AH, I wish you luck. Aren't they incredible, these teen girls?

15/4/08 8:12 PM  
Blogger JaniceNW said...

welcome to my life.

15/4/08 10:32 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.