HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Hot Crime in the Little City

All I can say is, "thank God for Tony Soprano" or I'd never understand what I just saw. A real live shakedown. Yes I did!

I was sitting in the car in the handicap space at CVS, waiting for the Boy to pick up a prescription. You don't need to know what it was for foot cream. Directly in front of the handicap space is the door to a liquor store. There I was wondering just what wines they had in the row marked New Zealand/South Africa, when I saw a man drive up in a big gigantic extra large 'Sclade. Jet black, of course. He jumped out of the car and walked into the liquor store.

There were two guys in the store. The cashier, who looked to be in his 50's, and some other guy sitting on a bar stool next to him wearing a baseball cap with long hair. His back was towards me so I never saw his face.

Cashier guy saw "Sclade guy walk in, and picked up a big (and I mean really big) folded in half wad of bills. He handed it to 'Sclade guy, who turned around and walked out. Not a word was exchanged that I could see. "Sclade guy was wearing a navy blue jacket, and as he was going through the door, right in front of my car, he was stuffing the wad of cash into the jacket pocket.

Having never had a wad of cash that large, I can only say that it was well over an inch thick.

Protection money? Rent? Payment for seasons tickets to Fenway?

I don't know, but I've decided it was a payoff. Because I'm all romantic like that!

Labels: ,

Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

3 Comments:

Blogger imaginary binky said...

Maybe you should start talking like a gangster from the early century.

"Meh, see. I saw the wad, don't you know? Say, now. Why, I outta..."

9/4/08 5:38 PM  
Blogger Rhea said...

When I lived on a busy street in JP a few years ago, I woke up in the middle of the night and saw a cop car chasing a vehicle and right after that went by, a whole lotta cars with TV cameras and lights. They must have been filming an episode of Cops.

9/4/08 5:58 PM  
Blogger Daisy said...

I'll never forget when my big-city brother came to visit me and saw a ticket scalper selling Packer tickets. You'd have thought he was watching a drug deal, he was so excited!

9/4/08 9:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.