HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, April 02, 2008

My Life List: Things I'll never do

I'm going on Friday to do something that I've always wanted to do, but for some reason, never got around to doing. I'm going to see the cherry blossoms in bloom in Washington DC. For many people this seems incredibly boring, but it is something I've always dreamed of seeing, and then I can check it off my imaginary life list. I don't really have a life list, but I know what I want to do with the rest of my life.

I also know what I don't want to do. Hence, this list of:

Things I Will Never Ever Do In My Lifetime


Bungee jump off anything, but especially that bridge in New Zealand.

Walk on that new glass walkway over the Grand Canyon.

Swim in the Amazon.

Take a nature hike in any rain forest or jungle where there are scary bugs and snakes.

Alligator wrestling.

Climb the Half Dome in Yosemite.

Swim the English Channel.

Look at sharks from within a shark cage.

Hunt. Anything living. Ever.

Go spelunking in a cave filled with bats.

Have more children.

Eat beets.

Run the Iditarod

Live until I'm 150 (screw you, Barbara Walters)

Visit the North Pole

Walk the Appalachian Trail from Georgia to Maine or vice versa.

Drive the Pan-American highway in a VW Beetle.

Go on any reality TV show.

Spring ski down Mt Washington.

Go to a Nascar race.

Watch Nascar on TV.

Wear a Nascar T-shirt.

Become a crazy cat lady.

Watch a horror movie.

Ride a roller coaster.

Crochet a purse.

Go to a rap concert.

Get a Chinese Crested Hairless Dog and carry it around in my crocheted purse.

Wear false eyelashes.

Wear 6' heels.

Get a tattoo.

Nipple piercing.

Go to Saudi Arabia.

Train tigers.

Or lions.

Or bears.

Get Ebola.

Eat canned frosting.

Visit Antarctica.

Play Monopoly for 24 hours straight.

Watch Nickelodeon

or Disney Channel

Ride the Trans-Siberian Railway.

Run a marathon.

Or a triathalon.

Go to a Monster Truck rally.

Drive over the Golden Gate Bridge.



That's my list, and I'm sure there are many things I've forgotten.

Now it's your turn. What things are on your Never Do List?

Labels: ,

Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

10 Comments:

Blogger Rhiannon said...

Many of ours are the same - but, one big one for me:

I'll never scuba dive. The class I took in a hotel swimming tool taught me that I'd rather just see pictures of the pretty fish.

2/4/08 7:16 PM  
Blogger JaniceNW said...

I think you hit many of mine esp the NEVER wear false eyelashes thing. How can anyone be so bothered to do that??????

2/4/08 7:30 PM  
Blogger Rhea said...

You can eat beets. You could do that tomorrow even!

2/4/08 9:05 PM  
Blogger Kelliqua said...

I'll never get a Brazilian bikini wax.

There I've said it.

2/4/08 9:52 PM  
Blogger aka_Monty said...

I'm just going to copy your list.

Well, except for the "eat canned frosting" thing. I'm not big on any kind of frosting, but I've been known to lick the can. ;)

2/4/08 10:04 PM  
Blogger liv said...

never say never. as soon as you do, weird stuff starts happening.

2/4/08 10:25 PM  
Blogger margalit said...

Rhea, oh I can eat beets. But I won't. EVER. Hate them with such a passion I can't even be in the same room with them. And I have a reason why! When I lived in Israel I had to clean hundreds and thousands of beets, beets which smelled and were filthy and turned my arms up to my elbows pink. NEVER again. Ugh.

3/4/08 12:28 AM  
Blogger Jendeis said...

Must take some time to think about my never-do list, but just wanted to say YAY for you coming to DC to see the cherry blossoms! They are so beautiful right now - and they are in peak for the Festival. This never happens!

3/4/08 8:38 AM  
Blogger Daisy said...

Love it! I don't mind the the spelunking example. Bats in caves usually stay away from people. They just hang there on the ceiling and look cute. Well, I kind of think they look cute. But you already know I'm a little crazy.

3/4/08 5:56 PM  
Blogger Samantha said...

I agree with about half, and have already done some of it..

I totally agree with the false eyelashes!!!

5/4/08 2:40 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.