HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Pollen, you are killing me

I am not the world's biggest fan of trees. Oh, I like a tree here and there for shade, and I think that trees look very pretty when they're far away and in bloom. But trees...they are not nice to me. They spread their stinky pollen all over my yard, my car, my town, my state. They do so without any warning and certainly without any pity for those of us that are allergic. Then, when the sad people who are screaming about their headaches, their itchy ears and eyes, their inability to smell anymore, and their feeling of extreme exhaustion start to complain, the damn trees go into pollen overdrive and drown us in their yellow dust from hell.

So trees, you are my enemy in the spring. You make me feel horrible. You make the Boy's eyes so red and itchy that it looks like he's been toking up on a jumbo blunt. You make hives appear on my legs and arms. You are cruel and it must stop. I cannot get anything done for lo, I have the headache from beyond the pale. My eyes burn and itch. It is enough. We all suffer for the pretty flowers that you spread before us each spring. Flowers that do not last long enough to even make a dent in the hell you are causing the populace.

In the meantime, I will stay holed up in my little tiny home, only 1/2 the size of Mariah Carey's closet, that bitch, and I will pretend that trees are pretty and good for the environment and I do not have the desire to grab a chain saw and cut every damn one down so I can breathe again.

Labels: , , , ,

Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

6 Comments:

Blogger Lynn - the piggy bank painter said...

I don't get it nearly as bad as you, but I am tired of this. I have the headaches, the stuffiness and I am TIRED all the time. This dang tree pollen is awful. And then it will be the grass pollen and then the next thing. My allergies aren't incapicitating, but I have them ALL.YEAR.LONG. Dust in the house, pollen out of the house. It never ends. I need to buy stock in sudafed.

16/4/08 7:08 PM  
Blogger Daisy said...

Claritin. I swear by it.

16/4/08 8:40 PM  
OpenID thebeatgoesonblog said...

I would also recommend Claritin.

I use the "D" kind, but whatever works for you.

I just blogged about my allergies yesterday because I was so fed up by them. Check out the post.

16/4/08 9:37 PM  
Blogger margalit said...

Claritin isn't my drug of choice. I use a combination of Singulair and Allegra. Which almost always works well, but only if your frigging pharmacy doensn't make a huge mistake and keep saying my singular Rx isn't available, on hold, or whatever. I just got it today after almost 3 weeks of dealing with CVS. I feel like I should make them clean my house, take care of my kids, and cook my seder food.

16/4/08 10:03 PM  
Blogger Domestic Sensualist said...

You would all die here. Simple as that. Today's pollen count is a mere 357, down from over 3,000 last week. Did you see my post on this? http://ninaspace.typepad.com/my_weblog/2008/04/we-are-covered.html

17/4/08 11:49 AM  
Blogger Kelliqua said...

Colloidal silver. It is truly magic and all natural.

18/4/08 6:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.