HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

WFMW: Cleaning glass cooktops

Anyone that has a glass cooktop knows that they can be difficult to clean. You're not supposed to use anything scratchy for fear that it will craze and then weaken the glass, which will break. But things stick on the top and getting it clean again can be a compelling job.

I've tried pretty much every trick in the book, even resorting to razor blades to scrap off burned on stains. But what works the best?

Barkeepers Friend. The stuff you should be using to clean your pots and pans is amazing on my stovetop. It doesn't scratch the surface like cleanser does, nor does it get all sticky and gunky like liquid cleanser. You just pour a little on each of the rings where there are stains, use hot water to mix it into a paste, and then sponge. You might have to go over the stain a couple of times, but it doesn't scratch and keeps your stovetop in pristine condition. It works for me!

Labels: , , ,

Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

4 Comments:

Blogger Laane said...

That's a great idea!
Thanks!

You can find out what works for me ::here::

Have a wonderful day!

16/4/08 5:13 AM  
Blogger Blog Antagonist said...

I bought soe of this the last time you recommended it. I got new pots and pans for Christmas, the anondized aluminum instead of non-stick, and while I love them, they are far more difficult to clean. But thanks to the barkeepers friend, they still look shiny and new. It is truly awesome. I'll have to tell my Mom about it. She just got a new glass cooktop and is frustrated by trying to keep it clean.

16/4/08 5:48 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

Bless you for taking the time to post this! I was just looking at my stovetop, wondering how to get some of that gunk off. I've been using a product recommended by Lowes, where we purchased it. It's okay. I guess. Okay, it's not. It doesn't get stuff off!

So to have your real-life recommendation is enough for me.

I'm heading out today to get a can of that stuff!

16/4/08 8:00 AM  
Blogger Peggasus said...

Bon Ami is the same stuff, and less expensive to boot. That's what I've used for the last five years on mine. Their label says 'Earth Friendly, No Chlorine, Perfume or Dye' as well, so I like that too. I also use it on my All-Clad pots and pans.

16/4/08 10:57 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.