HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Come on IRS, answer the phone!

The other day I wrote about my frustration over the stimulus refund I think I might be getting. I'm still not 100% sure I'm even entitled to the stimulus package, but I did file my tax return just as I was told to, and then sat back and waited for the money to roll in. How naive I am!

When the direct deposit didn't arrive, I figured that there might have been an error and waited again for the paper check, which according to their web site should arrive by the 23rd of May. Last I looked, the 23rd came and went without a check. So I complained about it.

Then the holiday weekend came, and I wasn't able to try and contact the IRS, so I did so today, hoping that one of the two numbers provided to me in the comments might work. I have mentioned that I'm naive, right?

The first number is for tax refunds and since I'm not getting anything back from the IRS, that number just wouldn't work.

The second number seemed promising. I called, they told me there was a 4-5 minute wait on hold. Didn't sound that bad, so I just held on while I played Spider Solitaire. Oh come on, you do it too! It's the best on hold game ever. And lets face facts, how many times can I listen to Waltz of the Flowers, the on hold music of choice from the IRS?

Four to five minutes was very optimistic. VERY optimistic. 24.39 minutes later, I finally was 'connected' and guess what? Another recorded voice came on, and due to 'technical difficulties', the IRS was unable to answer my call. They freaking disconnected me.

I'm sorry, but that's just unacceptable. They have a phone system that can't handle the high volume of calls? Farm out the support calls to India. THEY seem to have little problem performing call service.

It's downright shameful to ask a person to wait that long and still not come up with a human being to speak to. I'm not asking for much. I just want to ask ONE freaking question. I want to know where the stimulus check is. I'm not trying to solve world hunger here. I'm trying to solve my children's hunger. And I need the IRS to perform it's duties a bit more efficiently than they do right now.

Labels: , , , ,

Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

4 Comments:

Blogger Daisy said...

Maybe they meant 45 minutes, not 4 to 5. Bleh.
Of course, the time you spent on hold cost the govt. a pretty penny, too, if it was on a 1-800 line. Figures, doesn't it?!

27/5/08 7:10 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Oh my! NCLMer here...that's our government, hard at work making everyone crazy. I do sincerely hope that you get your $$ at some point!

27/5/08 8:50 PM  
Blogger Ryan said...

Question:

Did you use TurboTax?

Did you use the option of paying the DD Filing from your tax return?

If so, You have to wait for an snail mail check, which might take quite a bit of time.

Turbo Tax, if you let them take any fees out of your return rather then pay by credit card or the like, has the IRS wire the money to their private bank, who then wires then wires the money to your bank account, minus the fee.

Due to this, the IRS can't send a DD directly to you, and is forced to snail mail you a check.

Other services do the same thing.

I'd suggest Taxslayer next time if your filing a simple return, or to just pay any fees up front.

28/5/08 7:41 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

Grrr. that is crazy making. Did you by any chance move since your taxes - long shot i know but that could also be a problem.

good luch with the powers that be or as i refer to them "the money grubbing sons of bitches" oh, they know who they are.

28/5/08 9:21 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.