HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Friday, May 30, 2008

How to know for sure you're parenting a potential geek

Tonight the Boy had two friends over.... to watch the National Spelling Bee.

I know. I know.

I'm so proud!

They arrived right at the start of Jeopardy, parked their tushies on the sofa, and proceeded to run through the board with aplomb. They all love Jeopardy. They discussed how the show couldn't possibly go on without Alex Trebek. I mentioned that Alex wasn't the first host and told them about Art Fleming. But it didn't matter. Alex is THE host and without him, no Jeopardy is possible.
Then the spelling bee come on. They picked their favorites. They hooted and hollered like it was the Kentucky Derby. They spelled along with the contestants. One by one they kids got shot down, until it was just the favorite and one other. Their favorite lost. There was no joy in Muddville tonight.

And that, my friends, is how you know you're parenting a geek.

Again, so proud!

Labels: , , , ,

Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

7 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

Love it!! Just don't tell him you're pleased, or all academic TV will suddenly stop for sure :)

31/5/08 7:25 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

I wanted to watch the spelling bee too, but I got vetoed by hubby! I am proud of the geek inside me! The winner I pick never wins - in anything! Here from NCLM

31/5/08 8:34 AM  
Blogger Sam said...

That is just too cute!!

31/5/08 11:41 AM  
Blogger CityStreams said...

How fun! As a teacher, I have to say, it's an absolute JOY to teach those kinds of kids. Geeks rule!

I actually found you from your rant on Shannon's post about pet peeves. I hope it's okay that I call it a rant. I don't mean that in a mean way.

Anyway, I totally agree with what you're saying. And I've really struggled with how to incorporate my beliefs into what I write. One of my blogging friends is Jewish and I love to read her posts, but sometimes I get lost in the language. I feel like an outsider there.

So, all of this is to say, would you mind reading my blog to see what you think? My most recent post about cleaning my fridge out should either be incredibly annoying to you or else I've achieved my goal.

If it does annoy you, then what would you change? Thanks for your honest opinion!

www.citystreams.wordpress.com

31/5/08 11:47 AM  
Blogger shawna said...

My daughter loves the spelling bee. She is also about to be playing the French Horn, and likes to stay inside during recess to read. I love my geek too!

31/5/08 3:14 PM  
Blogger Daisy said...

I love it! I love Jeopardy, too. I wanted the young champ to continue last week, and I was sad when she lost. She should have become the next Ken Jennings!

31/5/08 7:08 PM  
Blogger SAHW said...

That's awesome! You should be proud...teaching potential geeks is also the best, though I never thought of them in those terms.

Visiting from NCLM.

3/6/08 2:54 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.