HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Sunday, May 25, 2008

Is anybody out there?

Boy, what a dead weekend in the blogosphere. Nobody seems to be "home" and I think a lot of bloggers are just fading after a long day of playing hard. At least those of us with great weather.

I spent the day recuperating from yesterday's high level of fun. I knew I was gonna feel it, but strangely, I didn't have any of the expected aches and pains. I guess this whole exercise thing might be working. My stamina has greatly improved, which is obvious, but I figured my knees would be aching from pogoing. But they didn't hurt at all.

My sunburn, however. Ouch! It's calmed down now, but geesh, my poor white legs were just not meant to experience that level of sunshine so early in the year. At least now when I wear my bermudas, I won't be glowing anymore.

However I was just so tired. Sleepy tired. Not exhausted, but like I was hypnotized or something. I'd awaken, read a few pages of a book, and fall back to sleep. All freaking day.

At 3 The Boy came upstairs with lunch he had made, steamed salmon and garlic naan. I lay on the bed, my left hand holding the plate, my right hand holding the book, and I almost fell back to sleep. I was too tired to eat. Not unusual, but when the food is in my hand, I'm usually willing to chow down. This time? Not so much.

I've been reading a lot, and tomorrow look forward to several book reviews. We're heading to the beach, and then to a craft fair, so we'll be busy all day. Posting will be last on the agenda!

Labels: , , , , , ,

Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

8 Comments:

OpenID cahwyguy said...

I just think you're looking in the wrong blogosphere. I did a post yesterday on completing painting in the bathroom (although I ended up doing a sponge coat today), and this morning I did a theatre review. I've been working on the highway pages this evening, so tomorrow there should be an update post on the highways.

You just need to come over to LiveJournal more often. You can comment using OpenID (and I think I can even friend you once you've used OpenID to comment).

25/5/08 11:39 PM  
Blogger bethany actually said...

It's a holiday weekend, at least in the States. :-) That probably accounts for some of the lull.

26/5/08 12:42 AM  
Blogger Crazed Mom said...

I'm not here. I flew to Mars with Nasa and am now specking out the shopping malls. Who knew Martians were so tall?

Please enjoy the beach for me. Dig your toesies in the sand until you hit the cooler damp sand. Damn, I miss the Atlantic.

I've been reading as well. I'm pleased I can keep my attention on the book long enough to actually get through several chapters at a time. I was "off" reading for the past year or so not sure why. Now I needs me some good books. Maybe a jaunt to B&N tomorrow. Who needs groceries when one has books??

26/5/08 1:49 AM  
Blogger DC said...

I'm so glad I found your blog. I also suffer from a chronic medical condition, so I can relate to many of your struggles. I'll be checking in on you periodically and I hope we can keep in touch.

I just started blogging yesterday (just in time for NaComLeavMo!), so please stop by and say hello if you get a chance. :)

http://lupuspie.blogspot.com

26/5/08 2:10 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

Via NaComLeavMo...
I hope your sunburn's cooled down, I got dreadfully burnt a couple of weekends ago, just keep applying the moisturizer and hopefully you'll avoid the peeling!

It's a holiday weekend in the UK as well, though I suspect alot of people will have stayed home as the weather is dreadful here.

26/5/08 4:13 AM  
Blogger Sam said...

As Katie says it is also a holiday weekend here in the UK, but right now it is absolutely pouring down so I am holed up at home and wandering around the blogosphere looking for things to read!!

26/5/08 4:46 AM  
Blogger Rhea said...

I find it to be a really dead weekend, too. Almost no readers on my blog. Sigghhhhhhhhh.

26/5/08 8:59 AM  
Blogger Daisy said...

It's been too nice out to spend much time at the computer. I did have to work on report cards, but I forced myself (kicking and screaming, of course) to plant the garden yesterday because rain was in the forecast. Of course, it hardly rained at all.

26/5/08 2:10 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.