HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

WFMW: Computer Glasses

Are you struggling to read your monitor? Does the font look small and a bit fuzzy? Are you using your reading glasses for the computer and your regular glasses to see the world around you? Are you getting a bit long in the tooth and unable to focus for long period of times on the computer without getting a headache?

If you're like me, you probably need computer glasses! Who knew there was such a thing? Well, they aren't unusual at all for people in their 40's and older.

Computer glasses are JUST for the computer. They won't work for watching TV or trying to do closeup work. They are for distances about 18 to 22" from your monitor. Once you get a pair, you will not believe how much better you see and how much more work you can get done! It's amazing. No more headaches. No more sore eyes and eyestrain. No more squinting and trying to see what someone's ranting about on their blog. You can see again!

My computer glasses have lasted about 5 years now, but I'm beginning to think I need a new prescription. Without them I can't really see the monitor unless my nose is almost touching it. With my reading glasses, the screen is way too fuzzy to be read. Now that I've been using computer glasses for a long time, I can't live without them. Best of all? You can read blogs all night long! Ahem!

Labels: ,

Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

7 Comments:

Blogger Sam said...

Hmmm...I wonder if that would work for me. I have terrible eyes and I can't see farther than a couple of inches from my nose without my glasses on my face.

28/5/08 2:46 AM  
Blogger fatfighter said...

Interesting - glasses just for the computer. I've never heard of them! Where did you get them?

28/5/08 11:41 AM  
Blogger margalit said...

fatfighter: I got mine from my optomitrist. When you get your eye check, ask about them. They make all the difference in the world!

28/5/08 12:39 PM  
Blogger littleangelkisses said...

Hmm...I'll have to see if my DH would benefit from those!

28/5/08 2:51 PM  
Blogger Ginny said...

I have never heard of those, will have to keep this in mind. I'm sure I will need them soon, I have terrible eyes. My contacts work for everything still at this point though.

28/5/08 3:31 PM  
Blogger Debby Burk Optical said...

If you wear those normal, ready-to-wear reading glasses (the kind you get in a drug store), then you can get half the strength you usually wear, and this will probably work for the computer. (ie- if you wear +2.00 in both eyes for your newspaper, try a +1.00 to see your monitor)

Those reading glasses are for "close-up" vision.

But reading a computer utilizes "intermediate" vision.

I love my Melanin readers. They have melanin molecules in the lens (not a coating) This abosorbs UV and glare. Can't work without them!

2/10/08 3:44 PM  
Blogger Lisa Smith said...

I completely agree with you that glasses are very useful even for me. I have to work for hours on computer and my yes used to hurt. But after using
computer Glasses my eyes felt relaxed. Great blog!

22/5/13 8:45 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.