HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Works for me Wednesdays: Penzey's Spices

Not only do I love to cook and bake, I love anything having to do with the kitchen. Appliances, pots and pans, gadgets, even decor. You name it, if it's for a kitchen it's very likely that I already have one or covet whatever it is. I'm a kitchen slut, my friend Nina says.

One thing I've had some trouble with recently is spice mixes like curry base or chili, or even masala without any salt. I can't use salt, but I love spices and I like them especially fresh, packed in aluminum containers, and with really good strong flavor.

I use Penzey's spices because they offer all that and more. They have stores that you can shop in, where they will let you taste all the spices, give you recipe suggestions and even printed recipes, and best of all, they have salt-free spice blends. Blends that are authentic, fresh and fragrant, and taste absolutely perfect:

If there isn't a store nearby, use their web site to order your next batch of spices. Once you taste their offerings, you won't go back to supermarket spices in little clear glass bottles that could possibly be on the grocery shelf for years. Penzey's sells their spices in brown glass bottles that keep their spices fresher longer. You gotta try them!

Labels: , , ,

Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

4 Comments:

OpenID sandwiched said...

I love Penzey's spices! I swear by their salt-free blends, too. I started using them when my trainer encouraged me to eliminate as much salt as possible from my diet, but I continue to use them because they're so good! I especially love the Adobo seasoning, their chili powders, and their pumpkin pie spice, which I've used on my oatmeal every morning for years!

By the way, you should check your link on Rocks in my Dryer; it didn't work when I tried to click through directly. You may want to repost.

14/5/08 9:19 AM  
Blogger Daisy said...

We have a Penzey's in town. I haven't tried them out yet because they're out near the mall and I really, really don't like the mall.

14/5/08 6:57 PM  
Blogger Wisconsin Mommy said...

Pensey's is based here in Wisconsin. I discovered them when I moved here and have been in love ever since. They have had to move locations twice just since I discovered them in 2000 because they are growing so fast! I love the recipes that people send in (they are printed in the catalog).

14/5/08 7:49 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

Thanks! I didn't know there were other salt free good spices other than Mrs. Dash out there - we've recently cut all salt out of my husband's diet and these sound DELICIOUS!

14/5/08 11:16 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.