HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Beauty is scary

We're watching the brand new season of Beauty and the Geek. I'm not at expert at this show, having only seen the very first season. But oh my! Where did they find these women? One could barely read out loud and said that the only thing she's every read was a magazine article that was less than half a page long. Several could not name countries by the alphabet (A is for Argentina, B for Bolivia, etc.). They could not do percentages. They could not sound out words like sychophant and obsequious. They were scary. Very very scary.

But what, at least to me, was the scariest thing, is that the didn't even realize how dumb they were. I mean, they must have at least graduated from high school, right? They should know that Arkansas and Boston are NOT countries. They should know how to figure out 15% of 15.00. These are things that they had to learn in school. But they evidentally did not. That scares me crap out of me.

The geeks always make me feel all warm and fuzzy. They're all so adorable in their ultimate geekiness. Apparently, working in the IT industry for 20+ years has made me incredibly tolerant of geeks. I don't pity them, which is what the show is supposed to convey. I think they're young guys who are nervous around women, who are put into a situation with superficially beautiful women, women who are fairly empty up top.

I don't want my daughter to ever be one of those women. They kinda gross me out. I don't care what they know of makeup and clothing, they're like shells with no substance inside.

But I wouldn't mind at all if my son was a geek. Which he already is. For some reason, in my eyes geekiness is just fine with me. I'm all about the geek.

You?

Labels: ,

Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

3 Comments:

OpenID scarredbellybutton said...

Wow, that IS scary.

4/6/08 4:42 AM  
Blogger Daisy said...

My daughter dated a geek for almost four years. I really thought he was going to be my son-in-law, and I was happy about it! If your son is a geek, I hope he'll have better taste in women than to pick up one with beauty that's only skin deep.
Not that you would let one like that in the house, mind you.

4/6/08 8:21 PM  
Blogger Tanya said...

There is nothing wrong with a good geek. Truthfully, all the "geeks" on that show seem to be genuinely nice guys. All they do it give them some new clothes and a hair cut and all of a sudden people can see that.

4/6/08 11:50 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.