HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Friday, June 27, 2008

Found!

Last night the Girl came home with something a little extra. A very large, very sick, very old Border Collie she found wandering around at the bottom of our hill. The dog almost got him by a car so she coralled her and caught her by the collar and brought her home.

Now, that seems like a fairly normal thing for a kid to do, but there's one thing you probably don't know. The Girl? Not a fan of the canine. She can't STAND dogs. Once again proving that she has not a whit of my DNA, for I am a huge lover of the canine. As is the Boy. But the Girl? She's a feline person.

She comes home with this mega-dog who has apparently found some pond or river to swim in and has that air of dog in rancid swamp about her. Additionally she is FILTHY. The second she walks in, Worthless Pet blows up to 5 times his size and starts the hissing and huffing and puffing. His claws fly out, but this dog, she is very very hairy. Like Lassie-thick coat. His claws do nothing but pull out dirty hair. He is not amused for this dog looks at him like he's messuggah and immediately jumps on my sofa. Have I mentioned that she is filthy? Um, yeah.

Fortunately, the Boy has been languishing on the sofa licking his grounded wounds, and has left a bottom sheet on it. So it's not a complete loss, but it now reeks the reek of dirty dog, and I am skeptical that Febreeze is going to handle this.

Doggie has two collars on her, but no ID. This astounds me. Are people THAT stupid? A tag costs what? Five bucks. She does have her rabies tag, which is fortunately attached to the vet right around the corner. The vet that does not open until 8 am this morning. Yeah. I call and leave a message telling them that this dog is staying with the Worthless Pet, who is also a patient of this particular really expensive vet.

Doggie is having the time of her life. She's given dog food that she loves, a big bowl of water that the Worthless Pet immediately decides is his and stands sentry by until he is physically removed from the premesis, and a sofa to jump on and off of. What could be better?

An oriental rug to pee on. Oh yes she did. Just squatted down and did her bidness right on my rug received straight from Afghanistan. So not pleased. We blot and blot and spray with Natures Miracle, but I think we need to have the rug cleaned.

Meanwhile, big Doggie does not stop panting for one second. She's not well, that's obvious. She's very old, both eyes have cataracts in them, and she knows not one command. Not even sit. This is going to be a long night. So of course, both of my children give me bright shiny smiles and say "I'm going to bed now." I swear, they know how to get under my last inch of skin, those two.

I am now left to care for said dog, to sleep on said stinky smelly sofa, and to be kept up most of the night by said panting. Isn't life fulfilling?

She's a very nice old doggie, and I'm sure she's nervous as hell being in the house with a vicious dog killing cat, two weird and loud teenagers, and an old lady who keeps looking at her and sighing miserably. I would guess we're not her choice of the family of the year, either.

We'll hang on for another hour and a half and then I'll take her over to the vet and we'll look for a chip and contact her owner. Who better be REALLY grateful and offer to clean my sofa and my rug. If they don't offer, I'm gonna ask. It might be rude, but I'm exhausted.

Update: Took dog into Vet's office and his mommy was there looking for him. I opened the door and she yelled "Trader" and he just wandered up to her like it was nothing that he was gone overnight. Dogs! Anyhow, she's gonna clean my rug. She rocks. I rock. We were both up all night. We are both beyond exhausted over this damn dog. But he's home.

Labels: , , , , ,

Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

6 Comments:

Blogger Rhea said...

Wow, that was so good of you to care for the dog. Now the owner is reunited with their pet.

27/6/08 7:47 AM  
Blogger Daisy said...

I love a story with a happy ending! Woof.

27/6/08 9:20 AM  
Blogger Fox In Detox said...

You are a really nice person. Not many people would let a smelly, strange dog stay at their house over night. The world needs more people like you.

27/6/08 11:17 AM  
Blogger Crazed Mom said...

You are such a nice old lady!

27/6/08 1:49 PM  
Blogger moosh in indy. said...

I'm so not a dog person but I loved this.

27/6/08 8:49 PM  
Blogger Jaanvi said...

I must say,that's really kind of you to take care pf that dog and reunite with his owners.

28/6/08 2:04 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.