HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Guess who I met tonight?

One of my blog idols! Yup, I did. I totally did. And I'm so happy I could dance on the rooftops. Tonight I got to meet the gloriously funny and absolutely gorgeous Jen Lancaster of Jennsylvania. What? You don't read her blog? You don't read her books? FOR SHAME. For shame.

Jen's on a book tour promoting her latest book, which is on the NY Times Best Seller List. Oh yes it is! Isn't that totally amazing? She came to Boston to speak at Borders on Newbury St. When we arrived it was already so packed that people were lining each aisle all the way down the room. Of course, being needy, I had to ask for a chair because there was no way I was going to be standing all the time. My poor feet are already swollen to gargantuan size.

There were hundreds of women there. Oh, and a few men too. But really, mostly women. An amazing amount of blond women, as a matter of fact. I was sitting next to identical twins. They were very blond. And nice. It was a party atmosphere. We were all ready to hear Jen read from Such a Pretty Fat.

She came out wearing an adorable green and white print dress from Macy's (in Atlanta) and proceeded to get us laughing up a storm before she even started reading. She had to add a few caveats to those that haven't followed her books, explaining about her Barbie fetish, her addiction to spelling out dirty words, and her failure with the Atkins diet 11 times. Yup, eleven. Takes her a while to catch on, evidentially.

Then she did a short reading and took questions. I asked her a question regarding her post a couple of weeks back about BlogHer ignoring her offer to speak at the past several 'conventions', and she knew immediately who I was. It was so cool. We have so much in common, we like the same bloggers and dislike the same bloggers. Heh. No, I'm not telling you who we dislike. I bet you can guess though. :-)

I waited in line forever and a day to get my books signed. While in line I met the most adorable young (19) girl from Texas A&M who came to Boston all by herself for the summer. All the women around her were talking about what she should do and see while she's here, and how she could get around without a car. It was such a fun conversation that we barely noticed that we waited for more than an hour to get the books signed!

When I got the the front of the line, I got a huge hug from Jen, which was just so lovely. I really like her so much. I wish she didn't live in Chicago. I want to be her best friend! We chatted some more, and then I had to leave. I was kinda sad because I wanted to take her home and open a few bottles of my favorite Pinot Grigio and dish. Oh well, at least now I can say I have a friend on the NY Times Bestseller list.

If Jen comes to your town for a reading, go. Just get off the sofa and go. She's worth the trip. Oh, and remember to bring the camera. Because I forgot!

Labels: ,

Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

3 Comments:

Blogger Poppy Buxom said...

Hey, some of us are glad that she lives in Chicago. She's pissah!

26/6/08 2:26 PM  
Blogger Daisy said...

I'll add this to my "to-read" list! Book and blog, that is.

26/6/08 2:53 PM  
Blogger Rhiannon said...

We saw her a few weeks back in Portland and she is DELIGHTFUL.

6/7/08 1:37 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.