HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Sex and the City movie review

This review is gonna be short. Not so sweet, though. Today the Girl and I went to see SATC. As big fans of the show, we couldn't wait to see the movie, but since I'm crowd phobic, we had to go once the big crush was over. I can't stand being in a theatre where every single seat is filled.

Anyhow, the costumes were fabulous. Unbelievable. Gorgeous. For me, 1/2 of the show is about the costumes. Oh, and the shoes. Equally fab.

The plotline. Not so fabulous. Kinda meh, in fact. I didn't like these women in their 40's as much as I liked them in their 30's. Except for Charlotte, who will always be my favorite. There's one scene at the honeymoon resort that had me laughing my ass off. She is just delightful. Carrie... I try to understand why she is so grating at times, but the fact is, she and Big are perfect for each other and all these breakups are ridiculous. I never much liked Samantha, but at least she was more human in the film, in a stable long-term relationship. Until she blew it off. Miranda, whom I always adored, drove me nuts. The whole Steve thing? Um... really. No soul searching at all, Miranda? And as a mother, she seemed distant at best. Brady was cute though. Not as cute as baby Rose or Lily, Charlotte's progeny, but cute.

The acting. Jennifer Hudson? Sucked. I'm sorry, but I've never seen her in anything before and she was pretty horrid. Everyone else was true to form, but for some reason bitchier and more edgy. More Sanford was needed.

It was a fun way to spend an afternoon, but don't expect anything deep or meaningful. This was chicklit on film at best, and much of it could have used some editing.

Again, the costumes were fabulous!

Labels: ,

Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

3 Comments:

Blogger Artful Kisser said...

I thought pretty much the same as you Margalit. In particular the whole Miranda thing irked me too.

16/6/08 6:45 AM  
Blogger Patrick Roberts said...

Sex and the City seems to have a polarizing effect on both men and women... people either love the movie or they hate it

18/6/08 5:31 PM  
Blogger rhonda said...

Jennifer Hudson stunk up the movie. What a horrible choice for the Louise character. The Miranda sex scene was a little over the top. And that stupid humping dog...when is that ever funny? As for the regular cast, can't help but still love them.

18/10/08 8:01 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.