HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Thursday, June 05, 2008

A Yittle bit of this, A Yittle bit of that....

Well, things are not improving here in Casa Major Screwups. The insurance company sent the Fedex package with the paper I needed. It arrived at 5:30 pm. So there goes that plan.

My daughter is insane. Certifiable. She keeps putting the heat on. The Boy and I are panting it's so hot, and then we go check the thermostats and yes... she has once again put on the heat. Believe me when I tell you that we do not need the heat on. I try to tell her, but she's always freezing. The kid wears sweats mid-summer. I turned off the furnace today. Heh.

Went to the doctor today to get my ICD checked. I have to do it every 6 months in the hospital, and in between monthly at home. The traffic was horrendous, as usual, but I arrived right on time because I'm a do-bee and hate to be late. However, the doctor was very very late, so I played a little game with myself called "watch all the other people in the waiting room." I find people watching highly entertaining and today's session was no exception.

There was a meaty older man, probably early 70's, white hair, map of Ireland face, huge hands and stomach. He was reading Us Weekly, which totally cracked me up. Not looking at it, reading it.

There was another man, very jittery, playing Tetris with the sound way up on his cell phone.

There were 2 Russian ladies, one older than the other, looking through one of those creepy medical catalogs. You know, the ones with the bladder control products and the special socks for diabetics and those weird bras that make you stand up straight. They looked at every single page and discussed the items at long length. The didn't even crack a smile once. I know!

There was a young couple together. He was a bit older than she was. They must have been architects because they were arguing rather passionately about a staircase and a door and knocking down a wall. They didn't sit long enough for me to really investigate them.

Lastly, there was an old woman and what I think must have been her daughter. The older woman had bleach blond curls all over her head like Orphan Annie, and was wearing powder blue. I decided that she was one of those retired Cape ladies. Her companion was a stringbean, about 6' tall with very short cropped gray hair, mens jeans and jean jacket, and might as well have been wearing a sign that said Dykes are Us. They were discussion the evidentally very cute doctor they had just seen. Male or female, I'm not sure.

And then there was me, dressed (don't judge people, it's raining out) in a delightful magenta 'lounging' outfit. Velour pants and a mock turtleneck shirt. The only thing left to read was the Home Depot catalog. You can bet your ass the second Mr Irish Face put down that gossip rag, I snapped it up. Because I need to know what's going on with Angelina Jolie.

Weird thing about the gossip rags. I don't even know who half the people are that they discuss. I think they are actors on The Hills or something. I'm clueless!

Got home and picked up the Boy for an exciting trip to Staples to get ink for the printer. I'm one of those el-cheapo people that refills my ink cartridges myself. We needed more black ink. While we were there I bought new phones for the house. People were complaining that they tried to call and we didn't hear the phone ring. Perhaps that was because the phone stopped ringing some time ago and we didn't notice. The fax machine rings, but we don't hear that upstairs. Plus, and this seems to annoy my children much more than it did me, the 1 key didn't work unless you used a fingernail to really press it down. Those kids are so spoiled. They want everything!

Of course, now that the phones are ringing again, we notice that the Bank of America has still not gotten a clue that I do not want their insurance offers. They call every freaking night right around dinnertime. So much for that "Do Not Call" rule. Plus I got a call from some nice gentleman in India asking for my pseudonym. Like yeah, I'm gonna take that call! Maybe broken phones aren't so bad.

Plus, no LOST tonight. I'm officially in mourning.

Labels: , , ,

Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

4 Comments:

Blogger Crazed Mom said...

I want to come visit you and go watch people walking around boston or at the beach(I'd kill to swim in the Atlantic again)and we'd play board games and jabber and not sleep. I love the way you watch people and describe them quite well. I could picture them all, esp. the ladies discussing support hose. LOL
Hugs my friend.

5/6/08 10:21 PM  
Blogger calliope said...

holy heck! This is one jam packed blog you've got going on over here. Thanks to NCLM for the introduction. I will be adding you to my blogroll!

6/6/08 7:48 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

First with your daughter then with you and your mock turtle neck - I am sweating just reading this post.
I absolutely love to people watch and reading your descriptions put me in the witing room with you. Did you see me there - I was the one with the shorts and tank top - sweating.
Right good thing you got the new phones though, that guy in India was really stsrting to stress out that he couldn't get in touch with you.

6/6/08 8:34 AM  
Blogger Dr. Bad Ass said...

So I'm here from NCLM, but I'm pretty sure I'll be back. I love your description of those folks in the waiting room ... wait, I think I was there? My husband got an ICD three months ago after a huge heart attack, so we head to the big city in a couple of weeks to get his first 3-month checkup. We always sit in the waiting room and watch the folks there, and think -- wait a minute, we aren't supposed to be here! Um, yes we are, since we're all in the same boat.

6/6/08 9:13 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.