HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

SQEEE! Staycation plans for BlogNot

I'm just realizing that BlogNot starts tomorrow. TOMORROW, people. Oh, I am so not ready. I haven't had time to get my mani pedi yet, so my toenails are still navy blue (that wonderful OPI color from the Russian collection I had put on 2 months ago before we went to Chicago). Yes, there is about 1/4 of grown out nail at the bottom, but really, it still looks pretty darn good. My fingernails, however, look horrible. I'll have to do them myself using my new OPI colors I got for my birthday. I'm not sure whether to use the All That Razz-Berry or Midnight in Moscow. Or I could use Black Onyx and pretend I'm Sweetney in high school. Whadda you think?

I've got a pile of laundry waiting to be washed. I'm going to pack about 15 outfits that I won't wear because I'm on Staycation at BlogNot, and really, what do I need other than shorts and t-shirts. But I have so many C.U.T.E. things in my much smaller than last year size! My adorable black and white dress. My white miniskirt with the brown and white embroidered top I got at Target for a song. My seersucker capri pants with the adorable hawaiian inspired shirt. Goodness, so much to choose from. I just don't know!

I'm so excited to be hanging around her and her and her and her. There will be a bunch of other folks too, like him and her and him and her. Oh, I shouldn't forget her and her and her either. It will be so great at BlogNot, being with such illustrious company. We've not going to the non-existant parties and BFF get-togethers this year. Nope, we're on Staycation. SQEEEEE!!!

I did buy a new pair of sandals that will be comfortable and perfect for wandering around the house. Yes, fake birkenstocks. I KNOW! But they're better than crocs, right? I don't want to be a fahion don't, but comfort is always first with me. I'll also not bring my black flip flops with the cute beading. And probably my multi-colored flip flops as well. I'm nothing if not a shoe fashion maven.

I'm a bit worried about not seeing Dooce and Alice and all those other A-List bloggers that think so highly of themselves. It's OK, I know how to avoid running into them. It's called Staycation. I think there will be some people at the conference I can't abide. Like her and her and her. But then again, easy to avoid if you're on Staycation.

Think of all the money I'm saving, too. I mean, I'm always broker than shit, so why not do Blognot and spend my money on more important things. Like food and rent and utilities. Oh, and maybe gas. Gas is good, right? So far I've saved a couple of thousand dollars, with all the airfare, hotel bills and of course the all important BlogHer "conference" expenses. You know, like the alcohol and the hamburgers and junk food. BlogNot offers free entrance. All you have to do is show up. We don't pretend we're an educational conference that can't even be bothered to find a keynote speaker. We admit we're not educational. We're all about the Staycation. The community pool, the public beach, the tanning on the lawn, and maybe some lemonade right out of the freezer. SQUEEEEEE!

The best part of Blognot is not worrying about how much of an introvert I am. Yes, I am. My Myers Briggs profile is INTJ. Heavy on the I. I don't like most people. But with Blognot, I don't have to worry about that at all. I'm able to hang out with all the folks I love best, with none of the anxiety. SQEEEEEE! Plus, San Francisco in the summer. What kind of moron thought that would be a good destination? Cold and fog? Smoke from fires? Hills impossible to negotiate for the handicapped. So freaking expensive it makes Tokyo look cheap. Homeless people confronting you at every ATM machine (which of course you'll have to use to keep replenishing that alcohol money). No way, Jose. I'm on Staycation, where the weather is perfecto, hot and sunny. SQEEEEEEE!!!

If you're on Staycation too, join us at BlogNot where you're more than welcome to be your true self, wear pajamas all day long if you want to, toss the makeup you never wear anyhow, and put your unstyled hair up in a pony tail. We love you just the way you are! Oh, and don't forget to get a few flicks on DVD for the weekend. Squeeeee.....

Labels: , , , ,

Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

15 Comments:

Blogger Daisy said...

Can't. Stop. Laughing. Must pack "bag" for BlogNot!!

16/7/08 6:31 PM  
Blogger Rhea said...

Let's not and say we did!

16/7/08 9:17 PM  
Blogger justmylife said...

I will be at BlogNot!!! Sounds like more fun anyway!!!

16/7/08 10:14 PM  
Blogger margalit said...

rhea, are you going to be around this weekend?

16/7/08 10:27 PM  
Blogger margalit said...

All, I just did my nails. And I'm opening up the Smarties. That should be a good BlogNot snack, huh?

16/7/08 10:28 PM  
Blogger Florinda said...

BlogNot? I guess I'll be there by default - de fault of not being in San Francisco. My introverted self might actually enjoy it, if it's as much fun as this post was!

16/7/08 10:41 PM  
Blogger margalit said...

BlogNot rocks! So far I'm having a great time. I can't wait to stay up late and lick all of you BlogNot babes! You all look so fabulous.

16/7/08 11:18 PM  
Blogger margalit said...

Feel free to take the button. It's my version of BlogNot swag. Sqeeeee!

16/7/08 11:40 PM  
Blogger Suldog said...

I am SO there!

Well, maybe. Just one question - Are folks with a penis invited? I've had it ever since I was a little kid and I'm very attached to it. If lack of one is a prerequisite, I'll probably have to skip.

17/7/08 7:43 AM  
Blogger margalit said...

suldog, of COURSE people with penises (or is it penii?) are allowed. Didn't you see Neal and Dave on my list of squeetastic people? Now you're there, too! Welcome to BlogNot.

17/7/08 9:56 AM  
Blogger hschinske said...

The Latin plural is penes, if anyone cares. (I suspect y'all have better things to think about!)

Helen

17/7/08 1:12 PM  
Blogger Suldog said...

"Now you're there, too!"

I'm squeetastic? Yes! This is going to be the best BlogNot ever!

17/7/08 2:18 PM  
Blogger Karen Sugarpants said...

I'm here for BlogNot BUT I have a million things to do so I really might not be blogging.... ha ha!

17/7/08 11:37 PM  
Blogger liz said...

I'm going to BlogNot too!!! SQUEEE!

18/7/08 12:01 AM  
Blogger Blog Antagonist said...

Snort. How did I miss this? Too funny. I'll be blogging, same as always; when I feel like, what I feel like, as wordy, nerdy and preachy (or not) as I like. Should be a real riot.

18/7/08 6:59 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.