HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Saturday, August 30, 2008

Blog Fodder

While I was working tonight, there was a terrible accident directly across the street from our house. The Girl was in her room, with all her windows open, and heard it the minute it happened. She came running downstairs because from her viewpoint it looked as if the car had driven into the house on the corner. In actuality it had jumped the curb and hit a tree at fairly high speed, damaging the tree and setting fire to the car. The tree branches fell on the car and in the dark you could barely see anything.

Of course all the neighbors poured out of their houses to see what happened. A small crowd formed at the bottom of our hill as we watched the ambulances, firetrucks, and police cars arrive. They closed off the street, and pulled a body from the car. We weren't close enough to see much due to the branches and the angle, but that certainly looked like a fatal accident to us. Or at least one with a serious injury.

The reason I mention this is that while we were all standing on our front lawn watching the flashing lights and the various neighbors I thought to myself, "Man, I can't believe we don't have batteries in ANY camera. This is such good blog fodder."

WTF is wrong with me that this is a thought in my mind? I'm so annoyed with myself. Since when did I become the neighborhood reporter?

But the thing is, it IS good blog fodder. We saw everything, and even the real reporters in town (hi Gail) couldn't possibly have seen what we did, as the road was closed behind the accident. I really would have posted on the town paper's web site about the accident, as well as on my own blog. I'm not a journalist, and I don't even consider myself a citizen journalist, but when stuff like this happens, I feel my adrenaline pumping and I want to get all Jimmy Olson on you.

For which I apologize greatly to the family or families of the victims of this traffic accident. Really, I don't mean to be ghoulish at all. I'm going to try and curb this desire to be the next ob Woodward. I am. Really.

Labels: ,

Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.