HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Saturday, August 02, 2008

Blog the Recession

Kirstin at Motherhood Uncensored came up with a unique way to make blogging a bit more supportive and interesting during the month of August. We're all experiencing the summer doldrums and Kristin's idea might spark something uplifting for us all.

Kristin says:

"The premise is simple. If you read blogs, then for the month of August, make the "pledge" to click through from your feed reader. No obligation to leave a hilarious comment or send a long stalkerish email (although both, within reason, are always lovely). Just click through to the blog (not on ads unless you are so led) and if you're feeling generous, click around to their older posts.

Just those extra page views can make a big difference for bloggers who could really use the help, or in my case, where page views don't matter so much, a big fat ego boost.

If you feel like hopping on the bandwagon (c'mon, it's fun and I'm a really great driver), then all you need to do is grab a button -- see below, slap it on your blog, and [beg, plead] ask your readers to click through on their feed readers or blogrolls and do the same within a post.

Send me the link to your post and I'll link you up here and enter you to win some *fantastic prizes."

I'm offering a little prize of my own to the already substantial list on Kristin's site. I've got a darling bottle of Method Baby Shampoo, and one of Method Baby Wash. I'll be choosing a winner at the end of the month. Anyone can enter, just leave a comment on any post in August and you're eligible to win.


Cute packaging, huh?

Labels: , , ,

Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

11 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

What a great idea! I love your previous post too! Very funny! Just wanted to let you know I was your mystery blog reviewer. I enjoyed reading your posts and getting to 'know' you. I have to say that I now know that I am not prepared for teenage years. My oldest is only seven, so I do have some time to get ready. Although I assume one can never be ready for teenagers!

3/8/08 12:50 AM  
Blogger Nicole Feliciano said...

I'd love to win the Method prize. Plus, I'm a blogging mom battling the recession too. This month I'm focusing on Back-to-School editorial. The latest pot was on healthy lunch snacks. Prizes for the month will be announced soon. Check it out on www.momtrends.blogspot.com

3/8/08 3:26 PM  
Blogger bethany actually said...

Ooh, I have not see that Method baby stuff. Even though my "baby" is 4 I cannot help but still be interested in baby products. Is that weird? :-)

I think the click-through idea is a good one.

3/8/08 3:47 PM  
Blogger Chic Shopper Chick said...

That is super cute packaging! I love Method products -- I already use their cleaning stuff but have never used their body products. I'll have to try it out (if I don't win, that is!).

Thanks for the tip!

3/8/08 8:04 PM  
Blogger Daisy said...

Great idea! I'll have to search for a suitable prize to donate - a box of books, perhaps? I don't think I can send compost through the mail. :)

3/8/08 8:35 PM  
Blogger tata said...

Great idea! I'm in!!!

3/8/08 8:39 PM  
Blogger Storm said...

Thank you for stopping by my blog :)

5/8/08 1:03 AM  
Blogger Amanda said...

Doing my part for the recession. That is way cute baby wash.

5/8/08 8:11 AM  
Blogger TheAngelForever said...

I just joined the Blog the Recession. Such a great idea and fun as well. Another fun perk is finding great new blogs to frequent :)

5/8/08 2:56 PM  
Blogger Birdie said...

Just clicking over for Blog the Recession! Hello!

5/8/08 4:35 PM  
Blogger Karen of Sillymonkeez said...

Just popping in through the Blog the Recession links!

Karen of the MomDot Street Team
www.MomDot.com

13/8/08 11:27 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.