HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

I was gonna....

Well, my plans got totally sidetracked. I was going to write this informational post on moving scams, having just saved one of my plurk buddies from undergoing quite the terrible moving nightmare. But the day just totally got away from me and now it's 2 am and I just this minute finished working. My brain is fried, and the only thing I'm going to write is drivel. Sorry, it's all I have in me.

So, Hilary's speech tonight. The first half totally pissed me off. It was all about her, and I don't think that she should have done that. She's NOT the democratic choice. She needs to get over herself and move on. So do her supporters. Being such sore losers doesn't bode well for the results of the election. Is 4 years of John McCain REALLY worth punishing Democrats for not loving Hilary? Does cut your nose to spite your face ring particularly true here? I think so.

I'm embarrassed by the women my age that are playing such stupid games. It's not a game. It's reality for the country. Do we want 4 more years of George Bush with white hair? Or do we want and need change? I'm all for change. I want someone I trust. I want someone who isn't willing to take Pac money, and who isn't willing to run a filthy dirty campaign. McCain is loathesome to me.

Now, the second half of Hilary's speech, when she remembered it wasn't all about her, was good. I think she was clear in her support of Obama. I think that she tried to encourage her die hard followers to stop sulking and move on. But was it a successful speech? I'm not sure I would say that. I know the media fell all over her with praise. But that doesn't mean, at least for me, that I think she couldn't have done a better job. She was there to convince delegates that she has become a big supporter of Obama. She was there to convince voters to move on and support the Democratic ticket. She was there to lend her support to Joe Biden as the VP nomination. Yeah, she was disappointed that it wasn't her chosen for the ticket. But as I said to my kids, she has the chance to become the new Ted Kennedy. The new Democratic powerhouse and leader in the Senate. Kennedy never became President, but look at what he's done for the country. She could be that as well. And she could be that for a lot more than 8 years.

I'm not looking forward to Bill's speech tomorrow, although it isn't going to be in prime time anyhow. I just don't know what he's going to do. He's such a wild card in this whole situation. Maybe I should be a bit more open to his rhetoric, but I think he's still harboring a lot of resentment that Hilary didn't get the nod. We'll see.

Work continues to be interesting. But man, does it interfere with my lifestyle! This week I'm getting a mid-day break, which is great for a nice long nap. But next week I will go on my normal hours and that's going to be a killer until I get used to it. Once school starts, some time in the next millenium (really Sept 4th), it will be easier because the kids will be gone most of the time. Tonight they had a screaming fight upstairs while I was working and they both stomped downstairs for some refereeing, and I refused to involve myself in their dispute. They were SO made at me, but all I kept saying was "working". Eventually they'll get used to it and they'll be fine with it. It's new and they are so used to me being at their beck and call 24/7. This is all very different for us, and until we get used to it, we'll have some growing pains.

Our washing machine died yesterday and it was a $180 fix. Gulp.

Lastly, some great news. The Girl got a job at Panera! She starts tomorrow and she's SO psyched. That child is counting her money before she's earned it. I'm going to have a rule that she has to save a percentage of her money towards a car or whatever big thing she wants to save for. Like oh, college. And she has to put some money towards tzedakah. I'm not making her put a lot away, but something every week. I just want her to learn how to budget some charity into her weekly check. It's a great habit to get into.

I'm just hoping she can bring home the leftover oatmeal cookies. I LOVE those cookies!

Now the Boy is jealous because he realizes that she'll be able to get her permit in a couple of weeks, and he won't due to his NOT having a job. Will he look for one? Stay tuned. But don't hold your breath!

Labels: , , , , ,

Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

3 Comments:

Blogger Fat Girl said...

I live in Arizona, and I wrote a letter once (or about a hundred times) to McCain's office regarding an issue near and dear to my heart - Women's Reproductive Rights. The response I got back was essentially "I don't care what you, my constituant, thinks, because I'm a MAN and I know best what to do with your body." StOOpid McCain. I got pretty much the same response from AZ's other senator, Jon Kyl. I've never voted for either of them, but it seems that they keep getting reelected. StOOpid uninformed voters.

27/8/08 10:48 AM  
Blogger Daisy said...

Gerald Ford never wanted the presidency. His goal was to be Speaker of the House. Think of the good he could have done there, had he not stepped in when Agnew resigned.

27/8/08 9:33 PM  
Blogger SunSpotBaby said...

Oh, PLEASE write the post on moving scams - I will be moving soon (not TOO soon, tho) and I need all the information I can get!!!

28/8/08 2:59 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.