HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Saturday, August 23, 2008

misc.crap

You won't believe what I learned today. Did you know if you get really lost because you're driving right into the sun and are totally blind and hungry after a day at the beach, and you end up on the Mass Pike with no money but a debit card, they let you pay later? They give you an envelope to fill out, you have 14 days to send back a check (yes, a paper check) with the amount you owe, and no surcharge. Isn't that awesome? I had no clue, and I was totally lost due to that damn Big Dig that changed all the roads I used to know into roads I don't know at all, and the toll guys were really nice. I thought I'd get a ticket or something, but nope. Just pay us later.

I also did my first night of training on the new job, and it was pretty darn fun. I wasn't sure whether or not it would be a lot of repetitive stuff, but every single task was different than the previous one, which not only held my interest, but entertained me. Some of the stuff is wicked funny. I wish I could share it with you, but I can't. Take it from me, I had a lot of laughs.

The Girl and I went to the beach in Swampscott today and afterward we drove to Marblehead and I showed her the private beach where I used to spend my summers. The guard wasn't there, but she was afraid to even set foot on the lawn. However, she loved the old neighborhood, and then when I took her for a ride around the Neck, she was all "Oh, I want to live here." I guess maybe she should marry a nice rich guy, because you need millions to live on the neck. But I agree with her, it's an awesome place to live.

The more I think about it, the more I think John McCain is going to pick Mitt Romney for his running mate. If so, I think Massachusetts bloggers need to make a concerted effort to educate the country on what a dipshit Romney is, and how he destroyed our state. If he's the candidate, I'm going to host a blog carnival on Romney.

Still loving the Joe Biden choice.

Labels: , , , ,

Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

3 Comments:

Blogger bethany actually said...

Not long ago I was driving on a toll road here in Southern CA and the way it's set up you have to exit and get back on the road to pay a cash toll, but you stay on the main road if you have a pre-paid pass. I had never been on this toll road before, and thought the toll exit was just an exit, so I missed paying the toll. When I went back through the next day in the opposite direction, I asked if there was some way to pay it after the fact, and I was given a number to call so I could give them information about when I'd passed through and my license plate number, and then I could pay the toll with a credit card or mail a check. No fine! Isn't it nice when a faceless bureaucracy actually turns out to be made up of understanding humans?

24/8/08 12:30 AM  
Blogger Julia said...

Meh, Biden might be good to win over Obama's "uncertain" voters (such as the Catholic community which detests his stance on abortion as well as the Jewish community which is uncertain as to whether or not he'll support Israel as much as Hillary or McCain would). Still, I wish Obama had picked someone more along the lines of Kucinich, as in someone who has real ideas!

25/8/08 1:46 AM  
Blogger make money online work at home said...

hello
how r u friends ??

25/8/08 6:40 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.