HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Thursday, August 07, 2008

Ringo is home!

Oh, we are so grateful to Angell Memorial Hospital. They got him well enough to go home, they did it for under the estimate, and he's feeling pretty darn good. He was great on the ride home, with the Girl sitting with him in the back seat. Then we brought him in the house and he ran right upstairs to check out his water because water tastes SO much better on the second floor than it does in his bowl downstairs.

Once he checked out upstairs for a bit he came down and Pepper immediately started trying to play. Ringo is SO not into playing right now. He's more into sulking by the door hoping that some fool will let him outside. But that isn't going to happen. No more outside for him until his medications are done, which is in 3 weeks. He is going to be one miserable feline because outside is what he lives for. That and food. Which he's eating.

He's on 3 different medications, and I asked for liquids so I don't have to pill him. He isn't cooperative with the pills and I end up needing lion tamer gloves to handle him. He's kinda vicious when it comes to pills.

I'm so grateful to everyone for all your support over this latest crisis. We really love Ringo even though he is a Worthless Pet. I know, we're fools, but animals are absolutely crucial to my well-being. When I don't have animals around I get really down in the dumps. I need something in my lap to cuddle. I need the entertainment. Pets complete me. I have always, and I mean always had pets. Dogs when I was a kid. Dogs as a young adult, and then cats. If I were able to deal with a dog, I'd have one again. But I can't. I can't provide the exercise.

Ringo needs a HEPA filter running all the time. I have one, but OMG, I just took it apart and it is so dusty you just wouldn't believe it. It's one of those huge Honeywell round ones, and it works great, but geesh, there is so much dust on that filter that it's scary. At first I thought I could vacuum it, but our brand new vacuum....broken. I am so ticked. The thing is less than 6 months old and there is no suction. None. I'm going to try and get it repaired, but of course, the warranty is expired. I hate my life.

He also needs special kitty litter, but it's the kind we already use, the low dust kind. And we're not supposed to use any harsh chemicals for cleaning (We use Method) or burn candles or allow smoking around him. Candles exacerbate my asthma so we don't use them, and smoking? No way Jose. The vet also recommended getting rid of carpeting (we have none) and dusting often. Well, that's something we don't do often enough, but we can step it up to daily instead of weekly.

And that's the tale of Ringo the cat. Home at last!

Labels: , , ,

Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

11 Comments:

Blogger Domestic Sensualist said...

HALLELUJAH! Now take care of yourself!

7/8/08 3:31 PM  
OpenID cahwyguy said...

I'm glad Ringo is home. A friend of mine on LJ (talonvaki, who lives in Boston) lost her cat a few months ago at the age of 2 due to FIP (from getting sick to when he died was under 2 weeks). I'd point you to his story, but it's friends only. You can look at the cat's journal at http://gun-hee.livejournal.com/

In any case, I'm glad your cat is home to take care of you.

7/8/08 3:52 PM  
Blogger Rhea said...

So, Worthless has a name. I am glad your beloved pet is home!

7/8/08 3:54 PM  
Blogger Jendeis said...

So glad that Ringo is home. Hoping that all of you take good care of each other in the coming days.

7/8/08 4:00 PM  
Blogger bethany actually said...

Wow, that's great that most of the things he needs are things you already have! Less money to spend. I wonder if you could rinse the filter off and then dry it really really well?

7/8/08 7:00 PM  
Blogger thecatsmeow said...

Awesome! Good to see Ringo is back to his normal surroundings and looking better.

7/8/08 8:51 PM  
Blogger Daisy said...

Welcome home, Ringo!

7/8/08 9:14 PM  
Blogger margalit said...

Bethany, that's exactly what we did, and it seems to be working really well. I'll have to get a new filter because it hasn't been changed in a while, but that's a small price to pay for all of our health. I should have been using it all the time, but it's so noisy that I just don't. But I'm now a believer!

7/8/08 10:18 PM  
Blogger margalit said...

The best thing? I actually got his medicines down his throat. The liquid was so much easier to handle. You just fill a syringe, put it in the side of his mouth and plunge. He can't spit it back out.

He might hate it, but he's gonna take it, by hook or by crook!

7/8/08 10:19 PM  
Blogger Storm said...

Yay for Ringo being home!

I'm a pet fool too.

8/8/08 5:14 PM  
Blogger TwistedNoodle said...

I found my way over here from Chickenliver who I stumbled on. I'm not a fan of her at all.

I poked around your site for a couple of days to get to know you better and to be perfectly honest here, I don't dislike you because you are disabled and ill. And there is nothing wrong with buying yourself some new clothes that fit. I applaud you on losing the weight and hope increases your quality of life.

Instead I find you to be one irresponsible person and I'll tell you why. In many of your posts you complain about your money situation and how tough you have it. I totally get that. Times are tough for lots of people right now and it's getting worse.

What I can't understand and boggles my mind is the fact that you got yourself another pet, which aren't free, all in the name of needing something to cuddle for your well being, yet you don't have money to provide heat for your home, says you. The $1200. you now need to pay the vets would purchase quite a bit of heat for the winter. It sounds like your new "cuddler" is going to keep costing you with shots, well checks, food, meds, etc. unless you never plan on taking it to the vets again. I get the sense that the kitten likes being outside so the chances of it needing more medical attention is increased. Oh, and I love how you passively posted the vet bill amount for all to see. Nice touch. I'm sure you were hoping your loyal readers would hop straight to it and press that paypal button. Oh wait...that's for a new laptop.

Speaking of...

You are down on people who are ill with cancer because their readers donate to their cause. Are you serious? Hmm...sounds like your paypal donations have been down lately. That post made me cringe.

I also read somewhere how one reader actually was silly enough to donate to a complete stranger, in the name of good faith, and then you turned around and bought your kids a gaming system. How responsible was that? Don't even dare to say you have such good kids and they deserved it. There are plenty of good kids who deserve more than what they have but don't because the family can't afford it, and they are not begging on some blog for donations crying poverty.

In a sense you and Chickenliver aren't that different. She plain out picks on people and her fans back her up. From what I've read here, you trash people who call you on your bullshit and your fans back you too. Even-stevens, no?

13/8/08 7:51 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.