HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Saturday, August 09, 2008

Strange brew

So many things going on. So much to talk about, but even more to keep to myself. It's that kinda day. Let's begin with Ringo's refusal to take medication of any sort, even banana flavored liquid. Do cat's LIKE banana flavoring? I can't imagine that they do, but one of his medicines has that distinct flavor.

Giving him medication is akin to taming a lion or a tiger. You have to toss a thick blanket over him to protect you from being torn apart. However, since he refuses to be covered up, he immediately starts struggling to get out of the blanket. Meanwhile, I'm holding him down while the Girl tries to shoot the syringes of medicine into his mouth. I usually start bleeding first, but we both have many battle scars. He is very clear in his dislike for the stuff.

I have cuts all over my hands and arms, plus a lovely 4 claw impression on my chin and another scrape across my cheek. I honestly look like I'm either abused or a cutter. I'm neither. Just a cat owner with a severe resistance to medicine in any form.

Next we'll touch on the Girl's most recent incident, which is chronicled in full detail here. She's coping with her punishment, but the whining over going out every single night. Oy, the whining.

The Boy has a best friend who just got a new computer and gave the Boy his old one. It is rather ancient and has some issues, but he put it up in his room and connected it to our network. To say I'm not thrilled is obvious, but I gave him the lecture LOUD and CLEAR, told him that he was NOT allowed to put a password on the computer and that I would check it often. If I see one thing in his history that disturbs me, it will be disconnected from the internet within seconds.

Now, you wonder why I would allow him to have a computer in his room. Well, mostly because I want to use MY computer without begging. When he gets online, it takes him hours to finish up. This way, I get to use it when I want it, and he has to share with the Girl. He did not take the sharing with the Girl well, but I don't care. That's life. Since I know exactly what he does online (itunes, youtube, movies, tv shows) from years of following him, I have to say that I trust him to be careful. Also, his DVD drive doesn't work so he won't be recording movies and selling them on the black market. Heh.

On the diet front, I had to take the Girl to get something at Marshalls today, and while I was waiting for her (that child takes FOREVER in a store) I found a pair of shorts on sale in a size smaller than the size I thought I wore. Since they were marked down to $7 I bought them and wonder of wonders, they fit. So I appear to have already gone down 3 sizes. Isn't that awesome.

You know what the best thing is? I don't wear elastic waistbands anymore. I don't have to. My clothes fit with regular waists. It isn't uncomfortable. My belly doesn't hang over the waistband. I'm feeling pretty darn good about this.

I'm really worried about my friend I, who is having a very tough time right now. She's in such a tough situation and it's very hard for me to watch her struggle as she makes life altering decisions. All I can do is remind her to stay strong and to play devil's advocate so she can see her situation from different viewpoints. It's so hard. I wish I could make it all better, but I can't.


Lastly, the kitten is the most adorable thing ever. EVER. Do not argue with me. She's so funny and so much fun and has brightened up everyone in the household with her silly antics. My kids, who have never been around kittens before, cannot believe some of the kitten craziness. Right now she's begging me to pick her up and hold her. She loves being held.

She loves climbing and exploring more. And best of all? Chasing the cursor around the monitor.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

5 Comments:

Blogger Jendeis said...

Margalit, I am so proud of you for all your hard work to be healthy. Good on ya!

Good wishes to your friend. I hope everything works out for the best.

9/8/08 10:53 PM  
Blogger Blog Antagonist said...

Here's my trick for giving a combative cat medicine:

Put a towel on your lap. Place kitty on your lap. (Pretend you are going to give tummy or ear rubs). Then, while cat is lulled into a false sense of security, swiftly wrap said cat up tightly as if swaddling a baby. Turn burrito kitty onto his/her back. Press fingers into the corners of kitty's mouth until kitty opens. Quickly squirt medicine in, and then hold mouth shut until kitty swallows.

I have two taking medicine right now, one complacently, one not so complacently.

Also, congrats on your weight loss. I know from experience that is no small accomplishment.

9/8/08 11:16 PM  
Blogger Rhea said...

That's wonderful to hear about your weight loss. It's so hard to do!

10/8/08 3:24 PM  
Blogger The Hotfessional said...

Kittens are the best thing ever.

And yea! Margalit! No elastic!!! Woo hoo.

10/8/08 5:50 PM  
Blogger Daisy said...

I'm with you on the computer deal: we monitor (age 16) Amigo's internet use pretty closely. It's not that he's likely to go where we don't want him to go; it's more that he doesn't "filter" inappropriateness. His Asperger's gets in the way, so I'm often looking over his shoulder and asking him questions or making comments.

10/8/08 6:10 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.