HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Monday, August 11, 2008

There's Big and then there is BIG

I bought these shorts in early June. They are now two sizes too big for me. I bought several pairs of shorts along with these, all in the same size. They fit at the time, but were a size smaller than any of my other shorts. I had nothing that fit me, so I had to get some new shorts at the time.


Now, 2 months later, they are too big. So big that even with a belt they swim on me. I know a lot of people think I'm not really losing weight. So this is a bit of a visual aid. Now you tell me, are these shorts huge or what?


For the losers that had a heart attack over my new $7 shorts, thinking I have a hell of a nerve buying NEW CLOTHES when I say how poor I am, perhaps you might understand now why a new pair of shorts was necessary. Because when you can pull your current shorts down without even unzipping or unbuttoning, they are TOO DAMN BIG.

That is all!

Labels: , ,

Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

8 Comments:

Blogger bethany actually said...

That is the absolute BEST REASON for new shorts. :-)

11/8/08 2:03 AM  
Blogger Daisy said...

YYYYes!!
Do you sew? I don't. If I did, I could take in and let out waistbands for weight loss/ weight gains. This is the wrong season to try selling the old ones on consignment, too. You'd have to wait a year.
$7? And significant weight loss? What a deal!!

11/8/08 8:24 AM  
Blogger BSumner said...

Do you have a "buttoneer?".. it's a small hand tool that you put this plastic thing in... Poke it thru your pants (or whatever) and it's an instant hem. I have one that I use for the girls pants all.the.time. You can even wash them and they don't come out. I got mine at JoAnns.

11/8/08 9:21 AM  
Blogger Storm said...

I can't think of a better reason to buy new clothes! :) (but definitely, you needed new shorts! Imagine the horrors of them falling down in front of your kids friends or something, LOL)

$7 for shorts in any size other than a freaking 0 or 2 is a deal!

11/8/08 7:05 PM  
Blogger margalit said...

Aw guys, you rock! Except the nasty person that accused me of lying and saying that I was showing an elastic waistband. Um yeah. Aren't people nice?

I've never heard of a buttoneer, but I did get a nice offer from my friend IRL who has seen my weight loss first hand (no slouch herself, she's gone from a 16 to an 8) to use her sewing machine to put in some darts.

11/8/08 7:29 PM  
Blogger BSumner said...

http://www.asseenontv.com/prod-pages/buttoneer.html

You know those plastic things that hold tags to clothes? It's sorta like that except the plastic is much shorter. You put the plastic piece in, poke thru the clothing... and push the top down... and it fastens the clothes. You can use it to put a button on too.

12/8/08 11:29 AM  
Blogger Dana Seilhan said...

Holy crap, those are SO not elastic-waist shorts. Talk about grasping at straws.

I got wind of some of the craziness going on through a friend on LJ... wow. I've been targeted by some of that nonsense before. It's people who literally have no concept of walking a mile in another person's shoes. They're going to regret that someday when the tables get turned on them.

13/8/08 10:49 AM  
Blogger Suzette said...

Well that is wonderful. Are you following a specific plan for weight loss? (I hope you wont' say "diet & exercise" I'm kind of holding out for something easy. It isn't working.)

18/8/08 10:58 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.