HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Saturday, September 13, 2008

I've had enough with pickiness

I admit that I'm not feeling well, which makes me grumpier than normal. I've had a weather-related headache for a couple of days, I'm light sensitive and sound sensitive and in general feel like crap. So when I spend time going way out of my way to do something for my kids and not only do they not appreciate it, but they complain bitterly about how unfair life is and that it sucks to be them, I really don't have much sympathy.

Today I took the Girl shopping for clothes. She got her clothing allowance and we took off for TJ Maxx. As soon as we got there she started complaining. "I hate this store. It sucks. Everything sucks. I hate this. I hate that. I hate everything." You would not believe the negativity eminating out of that child's mouth.

She wanted jeans. She pulled out at least 15 pairs of jeans to try on. I took in 6, she took in 6, and then she started trying them on. Every pair sucked. This was too short, the color was wrong, this was too loose, this was too tight, the pockets were too ugly. It went on and on and on. I was about to walk out of the store because it was just ridiculous.

She needed polo shirts for work. I found two, and she complained that they were too long. She has to tuck them in, and she wants them to be an inch of two below the waist. But that isn't how they make polo shirts. So she had to complain about them for a while.

Then the shoes. Oh, the shoes. She needs new sneakers for school and a pair of black shoes for work. The shoes for work are supposed to be sneakers, but she has deemed it impossible to wear sneakers with dress pants. It simply will not do! So she tried on an entire cart filled with every black shoe in her size and rejected them all. Honestly, she doesn't get it. Nobody cares what you wear for work when you're behind a counter serving food. But she refuses to compromise, as usual.

On the way home I got this epiphany about this kind of behavior. It's exactly like a toddler only more verbal. You show her something, she hates it. NO! NO! Just like when she was two. It's the same damn behavior. I had no clue that I was going to have to live through the toddler years again, but sure enough, that's just what I'm doing.

Of course I arrive home to find the Boy had done none of the chores he was tasked with. That is because he had a friend sleep over last night. A friend he never even told me was sleeping over. At 10:30 I found out the kid was staying the night. I like the kid, but he practically lives at our house. Sometimes I just like it to be the family and not the entire teenage population of our city.

So the Boy did nothing because he was up most of the night with his friend, and is now fast asleep on the sofa. Laundry, garbage and cleaning up after himself in the kitchen await him when he gets up. But first he'll yell at me because it's ALWAYS my fault.

I need the giant sized carton of Calgon this weekend.

Labels: , , , , , ,

Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.