HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Monday, September 22, 2008

Sick is coming out all over

I've been sick for a couple of weeks now with some sort of low grade infection. I don't know what it is, I'm not really sick enough to go to the doctor. Going to the doctor just takes too much energy. Because part of this latest disease is aching muscles all over my body and extreme exhaustion. Plus coughing and the inability to breathe. Cause breathing is so optional.

Today the Girl comes home from school complaining that she feels like crap. The child is somewhat of a hypochondriac, so I nod and listen with empathy and then drive her to work.

By the time I got back, the Boy had some home and he was complaining about feeling like crap. Hmmm. He shares with me that, for the first time since he has been in high school, he actually pooped in the bathroom there. Like me, we're a poop at home family. We don't really like public restrooms. This means that his reportage is monumental. He spends the entire evening complaining and I decide to check for fever. The child is on fire.

Meanwhile the Girl calls me and tells me she's barfed at work 3 times. She only ate a salad, and it came right back up. So I'm thrilled to hear this, as I know that she'll be barfy all night. She's a real barfer, that one. True to my prediction, I picked her up, brought her home, and within 5 minutes she was roarking in the upstairs bathroom. She was so loud she woke up the Boy, and he sleeps through everything. It was no pleasant.

He goes back to sleep, she passes out on the chair in the living room, and because life doesn't suck enough, Worthless Pet comes downstairs and pees on the floor. Again. Because all the floors in the house were scrubbed today and nothing says "Pay Attention To Me!" like some rank cat pee.

Meanwhile I feel so crappy that I can't even eat. I had, in total today, 2 meatballs, 3 mushrooms, 2 tiny apples. The good news is, that scale keeps going down down down.

There is not enough calgon in the world to solve this. Tomorrow is going to majorly suck.

Labels: , , , ,

Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

6 Comments:

Blogger Robin said...

That sounds utterly miserable.

Try some "cold" tea? I brew up a tea with (per glass) one clove of garlic, a tbl or so of honey, juice of half a lemon and "as much cayenne pepper as you can stand". It's excellent for boosting your immune system and helping to kick a cold.

23/9/08 1:31 AM  
Blogger margalit said...

Robin, I think that cure sounds worse than the disease! :-) We'll hit the doctors this week. FUN FUN FUN!

23/9/08 1:45 AM  
Blogger Jendeis said...

I'm sorry the whole house is sick. Robin's tea? I'd get better just to avoid it. :)

23/9/08 6:34 AM  
Blogger Fox In Detox said...

I hope you all get better soon! Sounds like a flu...feels like a truck ran you over.

23/9/08 8:10 AM  
Blogger margalit said...

I'm off to the ER. My doctor says I have to go. I might be in the hospital for a week or so. No coverage for the kids. Anyone want to volunteer?

23/9/08 11:04 AM  
Blogger Daisy said...

Here's hoping you improve with a little TLC and a lot of Dr.

23/9/08 6:54 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.