HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Friday, October 17, 2008

I totally missed the clues!

I do not know what I was thinking. Honestly, sometimes I just totally forget that my kids are still children, what with their sizes and their vocabularies and their behavior. But of course they are kids. And I need to remind myself that when they start acting particularly heinous, there might be something behind it. They're not teething. That's obvious. But... wouldn't you know that both of them came down with a bad cold. They're hawking up gallons of yellow/green phlegm that they describe in great detain. They have sore throats. And headaches. They feel crappy. With low grade fevers.

Well, duh. Totally missed it. What the F is wrong with me? Cranky behavior always equals feeling like crap. I should be hit upside the head, I swear it. This was a bad mommy moment. But I've got it now. After I made them both go to school. They're not sick enough to miss school. But they do feel lousy.



Today the Girl had her appointment to get her flu shot at the pediatrician. Our doctor's office is in a neighboring town and it happens to be a gorgeous town with big old manses and beautifully kept grounds. As we were driving down the country roads to get there, the scenery was breathtaking. We're just about at peak color here, and the entire town was glowing with dappled sunlight poking through red and golden leaves. I kept pointing out trees and commenting on the color. Each tree is different in it's colors, each one blending in with the surrounding trees to bring forth a fall palate that is hard to believe.



This is the time I'm so grateful to be living here. It's so gorgeous and so... autumnal. The stores have pumpkin displays outside them, and big displays of weird gourds inside. Cornstalks adorn doorways, cornucopias of fall flowers decorate front yards. The chrysanthemums are in full bloom now, and the bright colors of yellow, magenta, lavender and maroon join together to make a painting in each yard. People are out walking their dogs looking happy and excited by the colors they pass by.




The Head of the Charles is this weekend. Most people don't really get the point of the regatta other than watching skulls float down the river, but me... I'm into the teamwork of crew. I think it's an amazing sport and with the brand new boathouse built right off the river in our town, I'm hoping that my kids gain an interest in this sport. Although the Boy is way too big and the Girl is more the size of a cox than a rowers.


Right now the river is brimming with rowers practicing. There will be over 8000 rowers participating. It's not just colleges, but anyone that wants to participate. There is even a wheelchair rower.


One little political comment. Every time John McCain says he's "proud of Sarah Palin" I can't believe how condescending he sounds. It's like he's the daddy and she's the little girl. It totally squicks me out.

Labels: , , , , ,

Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

5 Comments:

Blogger gem said...

Those colours are amazing. I looks so pretty there. Hope the kids get better soon. My 14 year old has just started rowing and I really enjoying it. I love going down to the river to drop him in the morning. It is so beautiful with this mist over the water.
P.S. I cannot BEAR Sarah Palin and I am not even in the US

17/10/08 12:33 PM  
Blogger gem said...

Typo: Of course it is "HE" is really enjoying the rowing!

17/10/08 12:34 PM  
Blogger Angela said...

What beautiful pictures. Holy cow. I think we reached our peak here about a week ago.. so sad.

p.s. - Guess who happens to be related to S.P.? Very distantly, I might add.. but still.. gak.

17/10/08 2:09 PM  
Blogger Daisy said...

I love autumn. It's just gorgeous for so many weeks. I pull into a parking lot each morning facing a ravine of trees, all a different hue. What a mood-lifter!

17/10/08 7:33 PM  
Blogger Crazed Mom said...

GORGEOUS pictures. Fall in NE is one of the best places on earth. It's getting pretty here as well, it's not NE but I am enjoying the drive to school with my trees. :)

18/10/08 12:02 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.