HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Thursday, October 16, 2008

Red Sox: The Come-Back Kids

OMG. Just OMG. I've been quiet about the ALCS this year. I'm trying not to be too anxious about the Red Sox making it into the World Series...again. I know people hate Boston fans. I know we're a tad bit nutsoid about our sports teams. I get it. But the Red Sox. OMG. They keep doing this to me. Making me think there's no chance and then rallying and going on to win. They're heartbreakers one minute and the greatest thing since sliced bread the next.


Red Sox 8, Rays 7 >Rays lead ALCS, 3-2

Monster comeback

It's the second-largest comeback in postseason history. Down 7-0, the Boston Red Sox came back to win, 8-7, on an RBI, walk-off single by J.D. Drew in the bottom of the 9th. It's now 3-2 Rays with Game 6 Saturday night at Tropicana Field. David Ortiz slams a 3-run homer in the 7th inning.

We're still behind one game. But we're still in it. Nobody thought it was possible only a few hours ago. Down 7-0, it was a lost cause. But the Red Sox did what they're known for around Red Sox nation. They pulled together at the last minute and came back to ensure the Nations love and admiration. They also play the most exciting game of baseball ever. OK, for those of us with heart conditions, they're probably not the most healthy instance of fan love. But love them I do. We do. The Nation does.

On to the Trop. Isn't that the weirdest stadium ever?

Labels: , , , ,

Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

4 Comments:

Blogger Nina said...

I'm so happy for y'all! What a game.

17/10/08 7:01 AM  
Blogger Bridget said...

Listen here, you Red Sox fan. I will admit, that was a pretty impressive comeback last night. Pre-tty impressive indeed. In fact, it was so impressive that I've heard nothing but Red Sox Red Sox Red Sox since I've woken up this morning because my boyfriend, yea, he's from Boston. And me? I'm from Philadelphia. And you know what that means. And currently we're both living in Philadelphia together and it looks like that pretty soon, I'm going to have to be embarrassed to be seen in public with him. Game on, lady! This could be war!

17/10/08 9:23 AM  
Blogger margalit said...

Bridget, I'm so excited for the Phillies. I was THRILLED that you guys beat the Dodgers. The look on Manny's face as he saw that ring and parade fade away was priceless. But even so, I want a back to back trophy. So, game on!

17/10/08 11:40 AM  
Blogger Daisy said...

I'm always for the come-back kids. My Brewers didn't come back well enough, I might as well watch the Sox do it!

17/10/08 7:34 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.