HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Monday, November 24, 2008

10 AM and the day already sucks

I'm not having a good day today. I knew I wouldn't. I had to deal with a bank error that cost me a ridiculous amount of money in bounced check fees. Yes, it was the bank's error, not mine.

I've had to deal with the Housing Authority, aka "we refuse to help anyone and we love to be really rude about it" which of course ended up in me having to again redo a form since they again changed the rules. They will do anything to reject people. It's not like I'm asking for something that I'm not entitled to by law. I just want disabled housing where I can get in and out of my house without risking my life. Currently, I do not have that.

I've had to deal with my landlady, who wanted desperately to blame me for the bank's mistake, but alas, she could not. Pity.

I've had to deal with my son, who doesn't want to get up in the morning and who, even though he promised up one side and down the other to NOT beg me for rides in the morning, begs me for rides every morning. It's fun!

My home health care person didn't show up this morning, and didn't call until 10:30 to tell me she would be coming this afternoon instead.

The printer died a horrible death and I now have hands that look as if they were painted with camoflage designs. Lovely!

I've been playing phone tag with someone I really want and need to talk to and it's driving me nuts.

I didn't sleep a wink last night for worrying about all the things above, and now I'm totally exhausted and the Girl is expecting me to take her on various and sundry errands after school. She has, after all, paychecks to spend.

BUT....

Wasn't Jack Bauer awesome last night? What, you didn't watch Jack's redemption? tsk tsk tsk. Jack was so Jack. And the previews for the new season? Look SO freaking good. Jack is back after last year's really crapola season. In January Jack, LOST, and Life on Mars return and I'll be watching only heart thumping TV. I can't wait!

Labels: , , , ,

Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

4 Comments:

Blogger Robin said...

What was Jack's redemption??? Is 24 back?!? We're not getting it here yet, is there something to look for online?

Hope the bank mess, etc. gets straightened out.

24/11/08 12:58 PM  
Blogger margalit said...

I'm not sure if Fox will put this online. Because they're trying to sell it on DVD, of course. But this was a 2 hour special to get you panting for more Jack. The regular season starts in late January.

This one was like a precursor to the next season. If you didn't see it, I don't think it's going to be that big of a deal, but it will be the basis on why Jack comes back to the US (his redemption) and what a happens afterward. There will be court scenes of Jack in a suit. SOOOOO yummy.

24/11/08 1:23 PM  
Blogger Daisy said...

I'm glad jack could cheer you up. It's just awful that you have to go through all of this. Can you photocopy the form so you don't have to do it over again? It stinks.

24/11/08 8:21 PM  
Blogger Robin said...

No fair. I neeeeeeeed my Jack!

26/11/08 6:42 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.