HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Monday, November 10, 2008

Completely disgusting

I thought I was suffering from post-election let down. Not that I'm in any way disappointed by the election... everything I voted for will be a reality soon enough. But after 2 freaking years of obsessive political reading, searching for tidbits to share, raving about Obama and roaring about Palin, my mind kind of shut down once the election was over. It was sort of a 'now what?' kind of moment, even though I know there is much more to talk about and obsess over.

Then I started getting chills and feeling kind of crappy. Not crappy enough to lounge around and drink large cups of hot tea, but crappy enough to watch The Parent Trap (Lindsay Lohan, not Patty Duke) on TV. By myself. With no kids even making me watch it. So, crappy enough.

Yesterday and today I couldn't really get off the sofa. I lay reading magazines and watching endless PBS shows on war. I happen to like shows on war, mostly because I think our education about war is seriously lacking. Or at least mine was, considering that my history book ended with WW2 when I was in high school. Anyhow, I spent most of the day Sunday in a reclining position, only getting up to drive kids hither and yon.

Today, I didn't get up at all. I slept the entire day away. All of it. I woke up, looked around the room, turned over and went back to sleep. Consequently I am disgustingly filthy, my hair is a huge rats nest atop my head, and, worst of all, I have my very first cold sore. I've never had one ever, but man, they hurt! It's right in the corner of my mouth and every time I yawn I feel like I'm getting stabbed in the lips. Ouch.

Now, I wouldn't have shared this but it's Nablopomo, and there is absolutely nothing else in my head at this moment except my desire to sleep for another 40 or so hours.

In other words, this is all you get. Sorry.

Labels: , , , ,

Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

4 Comments:

Blogger Daisy said...

Hope you feel better soon!

10/11/08 9:20 PM  
Blogger Shelby said...

It's Haley Mills. Not Patty Duke.

10/11/08 11:37 PM  
Blogger Misfit Hausfrau said...

Feel better.

By the way, I read your previous post about having to go to, "The Dark Side" to purchase your cleaning products. I felt the same way you did, so when we moved to TN, I started to make my own laundry soap, fabric softeners and household cleaners. Please know that I my house isn't "Little House on the Prairie." I am just tired of paying through the teeth for the really good stuff. I also learned a trick with the Method foaming pump soaps--once it is empty, put in 1 part of regular method soap (or Method dishwashing soap) and 5 parts water.

I can't make everything though--the homemade dishwashing detergent is gross.

11/11/08 12:55 AM  
Blogger Crazed Mom said...

HUGE GERM FREE HUG for you. Love ya hon. Feel better soon.

11/11/08 3:12 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.