HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Sunday, November 30, 2008

Laundry success story

Like most bloggers today, I often get asked to test products, and 90% of the time it's a product I have no use for, so I decline or ignore the marketeer. But when Mom Central asks, they often have a product I'm either interested in trying, or have used successfully in the past and would be happy to promote. Recently, they asked me to try Clorox2 Stain Fighter and Color Booster in our laundry. I agreed, seeing as we need a stain fighter and a color booster for every load, and this is the pleasant result.

My son is a slob. Oh, not just a regular kid slob. The kind of kid that spills a bit here or there and throws the clothing in the laundry? I wish. My kid he spills everything. All over himself. His pants. His shirts. The floor. You name it, he has spilled it on himself.

My daughter is not as much of a slob, but she has her moments. Take last weekend. She was filling up the ink boxes on our printer in a desperate attempt to make it work (she failed) and she spilled about 2/3 of the bottle of blue ink all over her pant leg, the table, and the wood floor. While I was freaking out about the table and the floor, she was freaking out about her pants. Quite the team we make.

Fortunately, I had recently purchased a bottle of Clorox 2 with the coupon Mom Central sent me, so I had the two slobs gather up a basketfull of dark clothing and do a load using the Clorox2. There were arguments. "Nothing will get this ink out." "This isn't dirty, I've only worn it for a week!"

I persisted, and a load was done. Hallaluja!

When the load was finished, we of course fought over who was going to bring it up from the basement to hang on the line because that's how we roll in this family. Never a chore without an argument. But the Girl wanted to see her pants and how they survived and I wanted to see if some of the stains long set into the boy's t-shirt had been removed, so the clothing came up and we hung it on the line.

Lo and behold, there were NO ink stains left on the pants. Not a one! The Girl was thrilled.

Even better, the Boy's t-shirts had lost their dingy look, were much brighter and miracle of miracles, the set in stains were gone! Gone. Even he had to admit that his clothing looked better. That's saying something, folks.

Since then I've done a load of my own, less disgusting clothing, and the colors came out brighter, the clothing looked newer and less laundered. This isn't faint praise. Most of my winter clothing ranges in the black, brown, and gray tones, so I can't really tell much, but my one bright red shirt looked redder and more robust.

I like this Clorox 2 stuff. It seems to work well, especially on the kids brighter colors. It certainly cleaned their stuff up a lot more than plain detergent. So I'm saying that this was a real success story!

Their product literature says:

With its new 2X formula, Clorox 2® Stain Fighter & Color Booster* is better at removing tough stains vs. the leading detergent alone, including:
  • Coffee
  • Red Wine
  • Berry Juice
  • Spaghetti Sauce
  • Mustard
  • Ball Point Ink
  • Make-up
  • Dirt
  • I think we tested at least half of those stains just on one of my son's shirts!

    Don't just take my word for it. I've got three coupons from Mom Central for a free sample of Clorox 2 to give away. Just leave me a comment telling me your worst laundry story. I'll choose winners on Tuesday night by midnight. Remember, the dirtier the better!

    Labels: , , , , , , ,

    Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

    5 Comments:

    Blogger bethany actually said...

    Years ago when I was a brand-new Navy wife, I washed some of my jeans with Troy's khaki uniforms. I was always extra-careful with his uniforms, but that day I missed a tube of lip balm in the pocket of one of my jeans. When I took the clothes out of the dryer, there were little dark greasy spots all over everything in the load, including Troy's uniforms. I felt awful! Those uniforms are expensive, and Troy had to have them for work! So after I panicked a little bit, I Spray'N'Washed the heck outta those clothes and washed them again. I was extremely relieved when the spots came out.

    30/11/08 2:35 AM  
    Blogger Storm, The Psychotic Housewife said...

    Man, the boy sounds like my DH! I keep telling him he's a freaking PIG! (lol) It's like he's a stain magnet or something. Half his dinner is on his clothes! Before I got married, I had a bottle of stain remover, it would last ages. Not now!

    I don't even want to get into some of the stuff he comes home with on his work clothes, but he's in geriatric nursing. Enough said. (blech)

    30/11/08 5:08 PM  
    Blogger tbirdonawire said...

    We live on a farm. So, there's cow manure and goat manure to deal with. Oh, and when a cow needs assistance birthing her calf, there's usually blood involved. Need I say more?

    ;)

    1/12/08 10:49 AM  
    Blogger Daisy said...

    My blind son ends up with stains galore on his t-shirts. He's better now, but I still don't want to let him eat tacos if he's wearing white.
    Specifics? I'll look into it and when I find some I'll get back to ya. (snort. It works for some people.)

    1/12/08 5:56 PM  
    Blogger JeanPaul said...

    Hi,

    How are you ?

    Learn How Make Extra Money Online...

    [ Tips - SEO - Top PTC Sites - Work at Home - Google AdSense - Part Time Jobs ]

    Visit Now


    not only but also you can add your sites or blogs in best Web Directory .

    add Your Site or blog for free now

    Free Web Directory


    .

    2/12/08 4:07 PM  

    Post a Comment

    Links to this post:

    Create a Link

    << Home

    Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.