The Rules are simple:
Step #1 - Link to the person who tagged you. (That would be Not a Mean Girl who is a very nice and funny Plurk buddy.)
Step #2 - Write Five Fun/Interesting Facts about your self. This could be tough. I'm not that interesting.
Step #3 - Tag Six Other People and link to their blogs. Then let them know you’ve tagged them by twittering them or leaving a comment on their blog. Well, I'm not going to tag anyone specifically, but if you need a NaBloPoMo post for the weekend, I suggest this meme. And the other Meme. Or any Meme at the half-way point!
FIVE INTERESTING AND FUN FACTS ABOUT ME:
1. I am a farmer at heart. I would like nothing better than to have a nice big piece of land and have horses, a few cows, goats, sheep, chickens and a big huge garden. I just need said piece of land to be near the ocean, so I have my eye on Newbury, a rural community right on the ocean in Northeastern MA.
2. Not a fan of trees. Growing up in Southern California, where the trees are all stunted and you can always see the sky, I find that living in New England, where trees crop up if you sneeze, to be very claustrophobic enducing for me. Especially when you can't see the sky half of the year.
3. One of my greatest regrets in life is that I never learned how to use big power tools. Because I'm often channeling Norm Abrams and I want to build gorgeous furniture. Not that I know anyone who could teach me, but I think it would be so awesome to be able to build my own furniture, and I'm not talking Ikea!
4. I grew up with maids and a nanny and have no clue of how to clean a house. I've never had to learn. I've always had hired help. When I was working and wealthy, I had cleaning services weekly. Now that I'm not working and poor, I have a home health aide who comes weekly to clean up. I can dust and vacuum and sweep, of course, but to actually clean with precision. No freaking clue. Which is why those cleaning sites freak the hell out of me. Shiny sink? I'm just going for an empty sink.
5. I love daytime TV. LOVE IT. I have my favorites and I never deviate from those shows. I watch All My Children and As the World Turns. I can't stand Oprah or Dr Phil. Judge Judy totally cracks me up and I wonder just where she finds those morons that appear before her. Does she require IQs of under 90 in order to appear? I'm tired of Ellen but I'm liking Bonnie Hunt. I would rather die than watch Regis and Kelly. And I'm disgruntled by the new rules on Millionaire, which make it too easy. Plus, the daytime commercials are so much more entertaining than they are the prime time. I find that napping comes really easily during daytime TV, too. Plus I can have it on and not watch it when I'm working, but just look up when something interesting comes on.