HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Saturday, November 15, 2008

Tagged

So I do a freaking meme yesterday and then I get tagged for a meme today. What are the odds? I swear I won't do any other memes anytime soon. But it's such an easy Saturday post, and I'm sort of going through a pre-alzheimer's syndrome, so I'm going for it.

The Rules are simple:

Step #1 - Link to the person who tagged you. (That would be Not a Mean Girl who is a very nice and funny Plurk buddy.)

Step #2 - Write Five Fun/Interesting Facts about your self. This could be tough. I'm not that interesting.

Step #3 - Tag Six Other People and link to their blogs. Then let them know you’ve tagged them by twittering them or leaving a comment on their blog. Well, I'm not going to tag anyone specifically, but if you need a NaBloPoMo post for the weekend, I suggest this meme. And the other Meme. Or any Meme at the half-way point!

FIVE INTERESTING AND FUN FACTS ABOUT ME:

1. I am a farmer at heart. I would like nothing better than to have a nice big piece of land and have horses, a few cows, goats, sheep, chickens and a big huge garden. I just need said piece of land to be near the ocean, so I have my eye on Newbury, a rural community right on the ocean in Northeastern MA.

2. Not a fan of trees. Growing up in Southern California, where the trees are all stunted and you can always see the sky, I find that living in New England, where trees crop up if you sneeze, to be very claustrophobic enducing for me. Especially when you can't see the sky half of the year.

3. One of my greatest regrets in life is that I never learned how to use big power tools. Because I'm often channeling Norm Abrams and I want to build gorgeous furniture. Not that I know anyone who could teach me, but I think it would be so awesome to be able to build my own furniture, and I'm not talking Ikea!

4. I grew up with maids and a nanny and have no clue of how to clean a house. I've never had to learn. I've always had hired help. When I was working and wealthy, I had cleaning services weekly. Now that I'm not working and poor, I have a home health aide who comes weekly to clean up. I can dust and vacuum and sweep, of course, but to actually clean with precision. No freaking clue. Which is why those cleaning sites freak the hell out of me. Shiny sink? I'm just going for an empty sink.

5. I love daytime TV. LOVE IT. I have my favorites and I never deviate from those shows. I watch All My Children and As the World Turns. I can't stand Oprah or Dr Phil. Judge Judy totally cracks me up and I wonder just where she finds those morons that appear before her. Does she require IQs of under 90 in order to appear? I'm tired of Ellen but I'm liking Bonnie Hunt. I would rather die than watch Regis and Kelly. And I'm disgruntled by the new rules on Millionaire, which make it too easy. Plus, the daytime commercials are so much more entertaining than they are the prime time. I find that napping comes really easily during daytime TV, too. Plus I can have it on and not watch it when I'm working, but just look up when something interesting comes on.

See, I'm not all that interesting. I bet you're way more interesting than I am. Hint hint!

Labels: ,

Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

4 Comments:

Blogger Daisy said...

I find the paradigm interesting that you'd like to farm, but you don't like trees. I love trees and gardening, too, but that comes with living my life in a wooded state -- Wisconsin!

15/11/08 2:27 PM  
Blogger margalit said...

I just need to see the sky. I really hate being in such a heavily wooded area that I can't see the sky. Somehow, seeing wide expanses of sky helps me feel alive and in tune with the earth. When the sky is hidden by leaves I feel like I'm being crushed down. Most farms I'm familiar with don't have many trees, they have fields...where you can see the sky. Perhaps that's why I like them so much!

15/11/08 3:31 PM  
Blogger bethany actually said...

I also think it's interesting that tall trees make you feel claustrophobic. I can see how that would be true, especially in your part of New England. But I personally LOVE that! I love tall, tall trees going up so high I can barely see the tops. I love the sequoia forests in NorCal and the forests of New England and anyplace that gives me tall trees! Even though I grew up in Nebraska, I grew up in the part that actually has lots of tall trees. This is one of my favorite photos, taken in Maryland.

15/11/08 7:24 PM  
Blogger margalit said...

Beautiful photo, Bethany. But the lack of sky.... it scares me. I don't know why. I think I spent way too much time on the ocean or in the hills of SoCal as a kid, where all you saw was sky. In Colorado, where I went to college, I didn't mind the trees because they don't obscure the ground or the sky. Pine forests are wonderful and I love them. It's only when I went to grad school here in Boston that I got freaked out by trees. There are SO MANY of them, they take root in a heartbeat and if you don't beat them back you'll end up in a forest within a couple of years. They're voracious.

Which is why I love where I live. Acres of grass and SKY. Yes, we have woods all along the side of the property shielding us from the road below, but the rest? A few ornamental trees here and there, but we can see the sky in all it's glory!

I know it's weird. That's what makes me unique. :-)

15/11/08 10:55 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.