HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Monday, November 17, 2008

What's going on?

I've got something very interesting in the works. Can't share, of course, at least not yet, but it's keeping me happy and feeling encouraged.

Kids are both stable and pleasant. The Boy continues to be unable to get up in the morning and I continue to amuse the housemaster's office with funny notes as to why he was late. They usually involve alarm clock disasters, traffic, or a disinterested in ruining my entire day by arguing at 7 am excuses.

The Girl has brought home an amazing assortment of baked goods from Panera this past weekend, which we have been enjoying. Have you tried their gingerbread bagel? To die for. Honestly, it's the best "designer" bagel I've ever had. I usually stick to the Jewish standby bagels: sissel, pumpernickel, sesame, poppy seed, salt, plain. But this gingerbread... you don't even want to sully its delightful taste with cream cheese or butter. Plain is best.

I continue to enjoy Amazing Race, which featured beautiful Kahzikstan in yesterday's show. Did you know the national dish is stewed fatty sheep butt? YUM! As each couple opened their clue to tell them where they were going, they all made Borat remarks. I have a feeling that Borat is not that popular in Kahzikstan itself.

My shoulder continues to hurt like a mother, making me believe I actually did something to it other than the flu shot, from which I have finally recovered. Or at least I think I have. I cannot life my arm up past waist height, and it kills when I'm trying to sleep.

I had the insurance guy over for my yearly Medicare Advantage review and I'm changing from Harvard to another company. Harvard increased it's premium and various costs by so much that I don't even feel badly about abandoning them. I have no idea how they can even justify raising their rates by so much across the board, charging for hospitalizations, and much higher copayments, and even charging for ambulance rides when they know the only people who use these plans are the elderly and disabled, not known as the wealthiest groups in America. My insurance guy says he's seeing close to 50 folks a week who are abandoning Harvard. It's just way too costly. To pay for Medicare, and then to pay for a private pay for service company on top is just about impossible for most folks. But that's the only way to get prescription coverage on Medicare, so we do it.

If you have parents who are on Medicare, they have only 6 weeks to determine which plan is best for them, and it's terribly confusing and complicated, so if you can help them out, please do so. It's a mitzvah. It's also a rude introduction into what private companies do to wrench out every penny from your parents. Pray nobody gets sick.

I'm off to the JCC with the Girl to get some well needed exercise. Yes, I'm actually using the gym. And I'm not the fattest person there.

Labels: , , , ,

Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.