HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Friday, December 19, 2008

Blizzard, you can bite me!

We are so ready for this storm. There is absolutely nothing that we need, and nothing more to prepare. The kids have a half-day today, and should be home soon. We'll bake cookies this afternoon since there is plenty of time and ingredients. I've already put oil in the car, moved it to the other side of the driveway where all 4 houses pack in the cars tightly to ensure that the plow guy gets the rest of the driveway done correctly, and scraped off the windows to remove the thin layer of ice. And may I just remark that it's freaking cold outside.

Last night my friend Roxanne went shopping and picked us up some provisions. The usual milk, bread, but no eggs. We have plenty of eggs. She's such a sweetie and that was above and beyond the call of duty, but then again she was already going to the store. I'm so glad I didn't have to brave the store today. I don't think I could have done it without going beserk.

This afternoon I'll make up a big pot of chili. Nothing warms you up like chili on a cold snowy night. Bubbling hot, it's a great meal that is fortifying and delicious. We're big on chili in this house.

The Girl's job thinks she's coming in tonight. They think wrong. Once it starts snowing we are snowed in until the plow comes and does our enormous hill. There is no way we can get out until we're plowed out. And he's not going to come half way through the storm. Besides, I'm not driving in the middle of a blizzard to get her to Panera where no customers will be because they are all hunkered down in their own homes. It's just stupid. She's a minor and I get to say when she can and can't work. I'm responsible for her safety and they need to understand that I have the last word, not the damn restaurant. She can find another job pretty quickly. They love her there. She's a good worker and she's pleasant to the customers. It costs a lot to find and train a new employee, so it's in their best interest to deal with her today.

If you're dealing with inclement weather today, keep warm, drink plenty of hot cocoa or hot spiked cider, and have a great time. There is something about a snow day that just slows me right down to a snail's pace. It's the knowledge that the world has stopped for a bit and that Mother Nature has taken over the power.

We'll take a walk in the snow much later tonight. I can't wait.

Labels: , , , , , ,

Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

4 Comments:

Blogger Rhea said...

I love a big snowstorm. It's exciting waiting to see what will happen. I just don't like slogging around in for weeks.

19/12/08 1:08 PM  
Blogger Blog Antagonist said...

I know it's different when you have to actually deal with it, but I have very fond memories of blizzardy weather when I was a kid. Snow days, cold cheeks and hot cocoa, warm blankets and playing Bobble and Yahtzee with my parents. SIGH.

I never had to deal with snow as an adult, so I know I am romanticizing.

Hard not to, though, when it's currently nearly 70 degrees and muggy as hell here in hell...er, I mean, Georgia.

Enjoy your snowstorm and stay safe.

19/12/08 1:44 PM  
Blogger Blog Antagonist said...

Um, that would be "Bogggle".

19/12/08 1:45 PM  
Blogger Daisy said...

I had husband stop off for milk and bread; we had enough eggs. But we didn't get our snow day, either.

19/12/08 8:55 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.