HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Sunday, December 14, 2008

I'd forget my own head if it weren't attached

Did your mom ever say that to you? Mine did. A lot. My memory is poor. I think it's ADD. Certainly not with the H. I can't remember anything if it isn't written down. I couldn't even use a PDA because it I don't write it, I can't remember it.

Guess what I forgot today?

That winter vacation is going to leave me with two loud teenagers for a very long 12 days. I completely tossed that tidbit from my mind. No planning. Not even a trip to the MFA, which we will do, or a trip out west to deliver some stuff to a certain blogger having a very hard time. Of course that's not MY fault, because she won't give me a date. But when she does, we'll head out there. But otherwise... I have absolutely nothing up my sleeve.

Oh, the heat in the car isn't working. I think it's the thermostat, which does this interesting dance between boiling hot and freezing cold all the time, so any long trip would be painfully cold. I gotta get that fixed pronto Toronto. But we should have planned something.

Of course, now that I've got it on my mind, there are no children about to discuss it with, because they only stop by to eat and sleep these days. Or to bitch at me for this and that. They're both good at that. Too good.

I am avoiding going out today. My kidney still hurts like a mofo, it's freezing cold out, and I just do not want to do my errand. Well, that's false. I want to do it. I just want to do it when I don't have to fight for a parking space, wait on line for an hour just to pay, and listen to other people complaining about how expensive everything is. This economy is so depressing. I just have to go get a Yankee Swap present for a parent in my group, and I do think I know what I want to get, but it means actually entering a store between Thanksgiving and New Years, which is against my personal moral code.

I guess I have to actually get dressed. And maybe scrounge up breakfast. Isn't the whole point of Sundays that you get to do what you want, not what you need to do?

Meanwhile, I'm going to have to figure out some way to entertain these kids over the holiday break. Hopefully the Boy will get that job he's interviewing for on Tuesday, and they'll both be busy working over the break.

A girl can dream, right?

Labels: , , , , ,

Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

1 Comments:

Blogger Crazed Mom said...

did you get antibiotics for your infection?

16/12/08 3:39 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.