HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Thursday, December 18, 2008

Will it ever stop?

Chronically busy. I hate this. I want to go back to chronically lazy. Hopefully, tomorrow will be an enforced lazy day due to heavy snowfall predicted. They're calling for a foot of the white stuff, which will surely keep me inside under the down comforter. But tonight we have been gifted with tickets to the Bruins as a last minute thing, which means that I will have been out late three nights in a row. Holy Batman, this never happens. I've been home with the kids so long that three consecutive nights out seems like I'm reliving my youth.

My house, on the other hand, looks like someone took a huge eggbeater and just whirled around the contents. Things are not where they belong. My bra sits on the coffee table. The broken glass painting sits on the dining room table. A raft of textbooks lay right in front of the front door. It's a totally disaster area and there is no time to clean it up this weekend, for we're doing Christmas in the City again.

I spent a large part of the day trying to straighten out an incorrect charge on my debit card. You would think this would be easy, but nope... it had to be as complicated as possible with 4 long phone calls that contradicted each other. I didn't lose it, I didn't even get annoyed. Because after dealing with Mass Health last week, and totally failing despite the fact that they are clinically insane, I can now deal with any agency or business as long as they are in fact sane. Meanwhile the saga with Mass Health continues and we're totally out of some meds. It's not good.

The economy is wreaking havoc with my holiday tradition of driving around and looking at everyone's lights. So many houses are dark this year. I can understand not wanting to pay the extra money to the electric company, but it's sort of sad. It's the one thing I really like about Christmas, seeing the lights and the funny blow-up snow-globes and waving Santas. But this year there are a few tasteful deer grazing on lawns and that's about it for decorations. Not that I don't love the deer. I do. But I also love garish decorations and so far we haven't seen one house that's gone all overboard. New Englanders are too darn conservative with their pretty candles in the window thing.

We still have not picked out a holiday movie although I'm pressing for Slumdog Millionaire. It's so much harder when there isn't a Harry Potter film at Christmas. We'll decide on something, but it's going to be an argument because the Boy only likes 'guy' movies and the Girl and I are way more into "chick flicks". Isn't gender amazing?

Labels: , , , ,

Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

2 Comments:

Blogger Daisy said...

We have our minimal lights out, but our entire neighborhood tends to underdecorate rather than over. It kinda goes with the Victorian homes, small though they may be. The Big Ones are several blocks away, and some of them go nuts.

18/12/08 8:24 PM  
Blogger Rhea said...

Slumdog is supposed to be fabulous!

19/12/08 10:39 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.