HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Things putting me in a bad mood

Ice storms. Hate them. My driveway is once again impassable. My neighbor that drives the van special ed school bus slid down the hill several times before he got the traction to get up the hill. He has a V-8 engine. I have a V-4 engine. What do you think my odds are?

The Bloggies. I used to think, way back when, that these awards were more than popularity contests. Now, there is no way that they are anything BUT popularity contests. The pandering is making me crazy. I am not going to vote for anyone, so stop asking me. I think that these awards are so compromised at this point that they're worthless.

Asshats that believe propaganda. I just cannot stand the uber politically correct, usually from the Bay Area, asshats that don't even know why they are anti-Israel, they just are. And they commonly say things like "Hamas was democratically elected" like that means anything. So was the Israeli government, the American government, and many other governments. Big fucking deal. Hamas made promises to the Palestinians that they would improve the country and it's infrastructure. Did they live up to that promise? Um, no, they did not. And they caused the Gazan populace to be shelled, but the uber PCs don't get it. Like if their home was constantly being shelled they would just sit there and let it happen because the people doing the shelling are supposidly 'oppressed'.

Hate sites. There are plenty of them out there, and all they do is stir up trouble. They aren't funny, they aren't well written, they constantly contradict themselves, the writers always pretend that they're humanitarian superstar but what they really are is jealous, petty, misanthropes that can't be happy unless they put other people down.

My dishwasher. The damn thing doesn't work and I finally figured out why. The hot water isn't hooked up, so the dishwasher has to heat all the water from the heat element, which makes for washing in tepid water. The soap doesn't dissolve no matter what kind I use. I hate the damn thing.

Heat. The heat in our house is wacky. I really mean that. We have 2 zones. You would think that would be upstairs and downstairs, but you would be wrong. Because that makes sense and our heat makes NO sense at all. We have two thermostats, one in the living room and one in the dining room. They both take care of an odd number of rooms in both upstairs and downstairs. It makes it almost impossible to control the heat, so it is always boiling hot upstairs and freezing cold downstairs, where the thermostats are. This is the 4th winter we've dealt with this and I still don't know which rooms go with what thermostat.

Headaches. I've had a headache for almost 2 weeks. It reacts to light and sound, so that means it's officially a migraine. The longest migraine in the freaking world. I can make it livable IF I take a sinus tylenol, but I'm not supposed to take a sinus tylenol because it's bad for my heart. So I just deal with having a permanent headache.

And that's about it for today. I'm going to the doctor in a bit and she always puts me in a better mood. I love my cardiologist. LOVE HER.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

3 Comments:

Blogger Curved said...

This is my kind of post. In fact, I almost want to make one of my own. I am having one of those days too!

I hope to balance out some of these things, there are also some little "warm fuzzies" contributing to your day as well.

I know I am guilty of taking time to complain, while I ignore the amazing good things in my life.

7/1/09 12:46 PM  
Blogger Daisy said...

Tonight on CBS News the quote from Israel was simple: "Enough is enough." That says it all.
And in perspective, I sure hope your dishwasher gets fixed! It's not a luxury when you have teens in the hosue.

7/1/09 7:14 PM  
Blogger Daisy said...

House. I meant House. I can spell!

7/1/09 7:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.