HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Thursday, February 05, 2009

Dreamin'

Like everyone else in the Northeast, I have literally had it with winter. This has been the most horrible winter I can ever remember. We have not had a glimpse of anything green in months. It's been like living in the artic, and I'm sick of it.

I am dreaming of something better. Of sitting out on Adirondak chairs and sipping cool iced tea.


Of sitting beside the pool having a smart dinner with family and friends.


I'm dreaming of picnics on the beach, and watching the ocean from a deck.


Of family dinners in the back garden in a rented house in Tuscany. Complete with a driver and cook, of course.

Or a lovely little cottage on the water in Wellfleet, where we can walk down some steps to the ocean.


I'm dreaming that winter will be over soon and color will return to the world. There will be brilliant blues, vivid greens, poppy reds, and foamy whites.

There will not be any snow or naked branches.

At least in my dream.

Labels: , , , ,

Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

3 Comments:

Blogger Rhea said...

I am with you on this! I went to Texas last week and it was 70! What I loved there -- and miss here -- is smelling all the natural things like grass, trees, dirt even.

6/2/09 12:02 PM  
Blogger Daisy said...

I like your dream. There's much too much grungy off-white outside my windows.

6/2/09 7:21 PM  
Blogger sarah said...

Oh, I miss New England winters, though. It's just not the same in Southern California where it's mostly just grey and damp. Nothing like enduring the depths of winter to make you appreciate the smell of thawing earth in the spring.

but those Adirondack chairs? Look like heaven.

8/2/09 2:41 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.