HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Thursday, February 19, 2009

Finally home

But all is not well. I got home around 6 and now it's 7ish and I'm running a bit of a fever. Fever is NOT a good thing post surgery. I'm glad to be home but I have to admit that the hospital totally rocked the house. I'm not a high needs person, but after a week in such splendor I could see myself adapting to being waited upon hand and foot. At least for a while, anyhow.

I still have a lot of pain and have just sent my friend Jean out with my pain prescriptions, which are very nice and pleasant despite the fact that I can barely keep my eyes open on them. It's been a LONG time since I've been on strong pain killers. They are super if you're in enough pain to want to cry without them and I'm just about there.

Both sides of my femoral arteries are quite sore, as is my chest. It will take time for the pain to subside, and in the meantime I get to be a total layabout. No exercise until the sutures heal. Aw, gee!

Tomorrow I will work on ridding my body of the tape remnants from the many EKGs and my heart monitor. I have little patches of stick stuff all over me. Took me about 20 minutes to locate them all and remove them. Of course some of them are totally inflamed because of my allergy to adhesives. You know, I had a sign over my bed and a big note in my chart saying "No paper tape" and NOBODY who took my blood ever followed it. I'd say "NO TAPE" and they would get all huffy like I was asking for euthanasia or something. One woman put some tape on my inner elbow when I was asleep and by the time I woke up to peel it off, the entire length of skin was blistered and burned. And yet people still tried to tape me up after every blood test.

So check out my fabulous room.


This is a sleep sofa and guests are welcome to stay with you overnight.

The Boy hogging my bed and Itouch while I had a procedure done.



Company seating area.


Guest microwave, TV, and fridge, and my private en-suite bathroom.


The leatherbound menu for us special Pavilion patients. Cooks are all CIA trained and the food is damn good considering it has no salt at all.


Breakfast and lunch menus. I ate the strawberry yogurt parfait at every single meal for a week. It was SO good.
They were very generous with the fresh berries and I'm whacko for fresh fruit. I think I ate more blackberries, blueberries, raspberries and strawberries in the past week than I usually do all summer long. Man, I was lucky to land in this pod!

Labels: , , , , ,

Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

4 Comments:

Blogger Christine said...

Glad to hear you are home and doing well.

19/2/09 10:43 PM  
Blogger bethany actually said...

So glad you're home! I hope the fever turns out to be nothing, and that you recover quickly...despite missing all that fresh fruit. :-)

20/2/09 12:26 AM  
Blogger Robin said...

Welcome home, and best wishes for a speedy and drama-free recovery.

20/2/09 6:22 AM  
Blogger Rhea said...

Wow, I've never seen such a fancy hospital room.

20/2/09 8:29 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.