HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Monday, February 16, 2009

Hi from my hospital bed

After drinking another disgusting glass of potassium, the nurse let me use the computer for a few minutes.

I am OK. but bored to tears. I am just hanging out until my surgery on Tuesday morning. After the surgery I'll have a couple more days in the hospital before I can got home. I'm sure I can handle it considering that I'm in a palace compared to a regular hospital.

Everyone has been so gracious and nice, and it's honestly not so bad except for the constant peeing. Since I do that at home, too, it really doesn't bother me too much.

I spend a lot of time looking out the window at my lovely view of the hills of Boston. I can't see the city, but I can see a lot of Brookline and JP.

The kids are both with their friends. The Girl and her boyfriend were visiting yesterday morning, but as I could have told you, the Boy couldn't be bothered to show up, even with money on his Charley Card subway pass. It was "too cold."

So that's pretty much it. I will try to report more apres surgery.

Thanks for all the lovely emails, twitters, and comments. It makes my day!

Labels: , , , ,

Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

2 Comments:

Blogger bethany actually said...

I'm glad to hear you at least have a lovely view to look at in your palace of a hospital! :-) Take care, I'll be thinking of you and praying for you tomorrow as you go into surgery.

16/2/09 12:00 PM  
Blogger Crazed Mom said...

Sweetpea~that nasty potassium in one of the most important electrolytes in your body but I bet you know that. In my clinicals I have had several patients with CHF. Between the lasix and other diuretic meds the K+gets all peed out. You def want enough K+ so you'll fly through surgery and recovery with nary a problem.

You're in my thoughts and prayers.

16/2/09 9:28 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.