HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Monday, February 02, 2009

It's just an ordinary day

Today was one of those days where you sit down around 9:00 pm and say to yourself "What the hell did I DO today?" Unfortunately at our house, the answer is often "nothing." Today, for example, started out with a whimper when I was up all night coughing up the most decorative red fizzy phlegm. My life is so freaking exciting I can't even have regular colored phlegm. Not me! Cause I'm special.

I took another Lasix at 4 am when it was apparent that there was no way I was going to sleep, that I couldn't lay down at all, and that my ribs were starting to ache due to all the coughing. Plus, no kitty wanted to snuggle with me because every time they fell asleep, I started hacking all over again. I totally rock!

The Lasix still wasn't kicking in, so when the kids got up for school I popped another one, and this one at least gave me some forward motion. Not enough. It appears that I gained 8 lbs in water weight overnight. Anything over 5 and I'm supposed to go to the emergency room, but of course I ignore that and do the best I can to pee out the water.

At 3 I took another Lasix, which means 240 mgs in 12 hours. Guess who still is totally bloated.

Because of this little setback, I did absolutely nothing today except wear a path between the couch and the bathroom. I tried to do a couple of things, but they were both major FAILs.

I had the Verizon guy out to try and upgrade the TVs for the new digital regs, but it turned out that I have to hire an electrician to do the wiring first. Thanks for telling me in advance, Verizon. I ordered the install last December. You had plenty of time to notify me, but no. You suck.

I also tried to put a new Service Pak on this pathetic old computer. I spent hours watching it upload all the files, the registry and whatever else it does. Then, when it was FINALLY all uploaded and I thought I was in business, I got an error message saying "Access Denied" and it then had to delete everything it added. Excellent. Why was my access denied? I have no clue. I'm the administrator on this computer. I mean, WTF? So although I did nothing, the computer was busy for almost 5 hours dealing with the service pak that would not install. Woot!

I finally doze off for about 10 minutes and the Boy comes home with his friend. Again. I swear, that kid is here more than he's home. And he is eating me out of house and home. He just helps himself and I'm constantly telling him not to drink all the juice or eat all the food. But he does it anyways. He's a nice kid, but geesh, what an appetite. Just yesterday after the friend left, I told the Boy that this week was a Friend Free week. I'd had enough of this kid constantly here. I mean constantly. Like every freaking day. He's actually asked me if he could move in several times. As if!

So I let him stay for a half hour and then tossed him out. Enough is enough.

By then the Girl was begging for a ride to work, and the shlush outside is just impossible to get past. It is so deep that our neighbors tried to make a Venice style walkway out of cardboard boxes. It was an epic fail, and now of course the cardboard is frozen in the muck. We're so high class around here. Meanwhile the freaking landlady does absolutely NOTHING about upkeep so the end of the driveway was literally plowed off this week. It will remain like that until I complain. There is now about a 7" bump from the end of the driveway to the street. You gotta laugh about it. It's just so ridiculous. Pulling into the driveway is a real adventure these days.

Yup, just an ordinary day.

Labels: , , , ,

Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

2 Comments:

Blogger Heather, Queen of Shake Shake said...

That really sucks. I hope you feel better soon.

2/2/09 8:30 PM  
Blogger Daisy said...

I'm laughing at the Venice style walkway, frozen in the slush. Heck, it's at least creative!

2/2/09 8:41 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.