HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Monday, February 09, 2009

NPR wants to talk to me

I'm being interviewed for NPR tonight. They're coming over and are gonna watch me make a big pot of chicken soup and some bisquits for dinner. Isn't that weird?

They're doing a story about people who have changed their shopping and cooking habits since the recession really took hold. That would be me. I'm so much more careful about what I buy, and we hardly have any packaged foods at all in the house anymore. We've been using up what we can from our pantry, but looking forward I can't see us buying too much in the way of anything packaged besides cereal. Because my son lives on cereal as a snack, and the food pantry we use tends to bring us 4 boxes a month.

Fortunately, my home health aid is here today so the house will appear clean and not so crazily cluttered. We hope! Meanwhile, I'll be straightening up our pantry shelves and the fridge, because I'm sure he's gonna look in there and although I don't think there is anything dead in the fridge, you never know. Ewww.

I'll tell you how it went later.

Labels: , , , ,

Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

5 Comments:

Blogger Fairly Odd Mother said...

WOW! Cool! Will it air right away or will you post the air date later?

9/2/09 4:29 PM  
Blogger hschinske said...

I totally want to hear this! Hope they're nice to you and it's a good experience. (I keep picturing a bunch of klieg lights and then reminding myself, "duh, it's radio!") Mmmmm, chicken soup and biscuits. Heavens, they'll be tasty.

9/2/09 4:47 PM  
Blogger Daisy said...

Great! Good luck! What are the chances it'll be run on-air in the Midwest? what show is it? Sorry I'm so nosy; I'm an NPR junkie.

9/2/09 7:00 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

WOW that's so exciting! I catch Morning Edition and All Things Considered every day on my drive to and from work...any chance it will air on either of those programs?

9/2/09 9:44 PM  
Blogger Rhea said...

Here's to your 15 minutes! Be sure to post a link to the interview.

10/2/09 10:11 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.