HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

LOST Discussion Thursday-- He's Our You

What?

Just what the f?

WHAT?

Now this was an episode that ended with a literal BANG! How unexpected was that? I was like, HUH? I thought I was confused before, but now? Just WTF?

Kate's face when she heard from Chef Hurley the Waffle King that Juliet and Sawyer were living together, and not as roommates was priceless. When Jack said he knew too, she had that betrayed Kate look that we haven't seen in a while. And how come nobody from the Dharma Losties has asked her what happened to Aaron?

Jack's agreement to let Sawyer have the upper hand is confusing the new Dharma Losties, which I found amusing. He's going to be another kind of Jack, and I'm looking forward to him being less of a prick and more of a cooperator. At least I hope he is more cooperative.

All of the Sayid flashbacks, especially those when he was tripping, were needed to understand how he could possibly shoot Young Ben. When he said that this is why he was on the island again, I didn't have an clue that he was going to shoot Ben. I thought he was going to take him to the 'hostiles' and dump him with Richard Alpert. But no.....

I think the fact that both Ben and Sayid had hardass fathers makes them able to understand each other, but in turn they both hate and resent the other. What a complex relationship they ended up having.

The whole Ilana scene with the boots was a bit too reminiscent of the other spy woman that Sayid got involved with in Germany. Clearly he does not have the best taste in women. I was surprised to find that Ilana was a bounty hunter and not a US Marshall. Can't wait till all the Losties end up in the same time period to see what Ilana has to say to Sayid about ending up on the island. Guam. I don't THINK so! I still can't decide just whom Ilana is working for. The possibilities are Ben, Widmore, or that she told the truth and was representing the golf course family.

Another great scent was when Sayid was being interrogated by Radzinsky, Sawyer, and Horace and Oldham and he was asked about the different Dharma stations. Sayid describing the Swan, which was the station Radzinsky was designing with the geodesic dome, totally freaked Radzinsky out because he's sure Sayid is a spy. He's a tad bit paranoid, this Radzinsky. Also very irritating.

When they're taking the vote to kill Sayid and Radzinsky threatens to "call Ann Arbor" if they don't vote to kill Sayid, I was cracking up. How lame was that threat? If you don't do what I want, I'm gonna tell on you? Very mature.

When all the Dharma's were together talking about killing Sayid, I got totally irritated with Amy (Michelle from 24) for being such a big wimp. "We have a bay-bee now Horace." Like that's going to matter once the war starts up.

Who lit the VW van on fire? I initially thought it was Ben, so that he could spring Sayid from the jail cell, but now I'm not so sure. And why was Jin out in the middle of the night driving around? What was he up to? Could he have set the van on fire?

Did you place that druggie guy Oldham (He's Our You)? He was on that Vermont Inn show with Bob Newhart where he played Darryl (not his other brother Darryl). Cracked me right up to see him on Lost. He was on Deadwood, too. Nice to see he's working. I've always liked his acting.

So, the big question is: Is Ben really dead? I think he's hurt, but alive. Because otherwise, it just doesn't make ANY sense at all!

Labels: , ,

Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

15 Comments:

Blogger Elabeth said...

Actually, I think that guy played Larry on Newhart :)

I totally saw the shooting little Ben thing coming, but you know he'll survive. He has to or it'd violate the "you can't change anything" rule and set up a wicked paradox. UNLESS the paradox is part of what causes all the island's problems and stuff.

25/3/09 10:04 PM  
Blogger margalit said...

You're right, he WAS Larry. But his two brothers were Darryl, right? :-)

I agree with you that the whole Faraday "you can't change anything rule" isn't going to allow for Ben to be dead. Except maybe he's going to be resurrected like Locke? And we still don't know how THAT happened!

25/3/09 11:23 PM  
Blogger ~*Michelle*~ said...

I, too, loved Kate's reaction to the news of Sawyer and Juliet. And I also agree, WHY is no-one asking about Aaron!?!?!? GAH!!


So yeah, my head is still spinning and my jaw is still dropped down.

I tried to gather my thoughts as best as I could if you feel like popping over in my world. :)

26/3/09 7:14 AM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Great observations. I didn't notice the Larry from Newhart guy and I was a regular watcher of that show. I wrote my own Top 20 observations of the episode if you are interested at http://tinyurl.com/c4vpfv

26/3/09 9:57 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

I don't think he's dead. I think the island has plans for him so it will heal him.

I want to know what happened to the other Losties like Bernard and his wife. Where are they?!

26/3/09 10:22 AM  
Blogger Elabeth said...

I'm not sure how/why the island brought Locke OR Jack & Claire's Dad back to life, but they both died off-island and were brought back to life when they returned to the island so I don't think the island will heal Little Ben. I figure they'll have Juliet or that other non-baby delivering doctor guy take the bullet out and he'll get better the old fashioned way.

26/3/09 11:12 AM  
Blogger margalit said...

Amy, you and me both. It's like the beachies just wandered off for a long vacation on the mainland or something. I know they are in a different time period, and right now we're back in 1977, but I gotta know what happened to Sun and Lapidus when they took the boat back to the big island. And what's with Ben, currently lying on the small island beach with a giant headache. And Locke? Is he hanging out with Idina now?

We gotta bring these disperate groups together soon.

26/3/09 12:14 PM  
Blogger Sarah Eliza said...

My thought was that Jin was just out on patrol or whatever (isn't he on the security force too? I forget) and was headed back when Sawyer called for the stations to return on the walkie. I could be wrong though...

I was surprised Jack was being so docile too! I don't think it will last though. It's just not like him to take a back-seat lol. And yes, Amy was reallllly annoying. Her logic was awful, and I couldn't believe she actually swayed people.

It is really weird that nobody besides Jack asked Kate where Aaron ended up... driving me crazy! Just like nobody noticing that Rose and Bernard aren't around, grrrr.

Finally, there's no way Ben can be dead... he does too much plot-steering for that. My vote is that he survives.

26/3/09 12:19 PM  
Blogger theotheramy said...

Am I the only one who doesn't think Sawyer as LaFleur is remotely as sexy as Sawyer as Sawyer? I think it must be the jumpsuit because even he can't carry off that look.

26/3/09 12:32 PM  
Blogger margalit said...

theotheramy: nope, I'm in total agreement. Sawyer is hot...lefleur is kind of luke warm. It's the uniform. I like a shirtless Sawyer, but he's put on a few lbs and I think they're keeping him covered for a bit. Sigh. Meanies!

26/3/09 2:10 PM  
Blogger jen said...

Great post. I loved that Hurly saw everyone dancing around the issue and just plowed right in.
Waffle King, funny.
I was taken in, too. My hubs saw it coming and couldn't believe I didn't.
Oh, and He was Larry with his brother Daryl and his other brother Daryl. Just had to show off my Newheart prowess.
And I have a question about Ilana. He only asked her if she was a bounty hunter, she never verified. Yet, she flashed a badge at the airport. Do bounty hunters have badges?
Well, this is turning into a post, I'll stop now.

26/3/09 4:20 PM  
Blogger jen said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

26/3/09 4:22 PM  
Blogger jen said...

Obviously, I didn't read the comments before I bragged about knowing Larry/Daryl/Daryl.
I was too busy showing off...
:o)

26/3/09 4:33 PM  
Blogger margalit said...

Jen, I'm not familiar with any bounty hunters...thank Goodness, but I think that they do have some kind of special badge that deputizes then in order to grab people that skipped warrants. Doesn't that make sense? But honestly, I'm talking out of my ass on this one. I don't have a clue. I don't even know anyone who has ever been in jail. I lead a very quiet life here in Boston! :-)

26/3/09 5:00 PM  
Blogger Jehzeel Laurente said...

i think ben is alive because he is the featured character in 12th episode of season 5 :D

26/3/09 11:36 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.