HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Friday, March 20, 2009

Scared the living crap outta me

I've been sleeping poorly. Like this is a major shock! I never sleep well, and I just haven't had a catch up day in the longest time, so I was working on quite the sleep deficit. I fell asleep sometime after 2 last night, and woke up at 6 when the Girl got up for school. After she left, I tried to awaken the Boy, but he said he didn't have to be in school until 10, so I let him sleep longer. At 9 I woke him up again, he said he was up, and I fell back to sleep. Apparently, it was a coma or something because I don't remember a thing until around 11:30 when I heard someone walking around upstairs.

I totally freaked out. I thought it was robbers or something, although all they were going to find upstairs is a big gigantic mess of teenage proportions. Ahem. I listened silently for a while, and didn't hear anything, so thought it was just my imagination and drifted back to sleep. Next thing I knew, there was someone typing on the computer just inches from my feet. WTF?

It was the Boy. He didn't ever get up, he took it upon himself to call in sick, went back to sleep, and then woke up and thought it was a good idea to spend time surfing the 'net. Unfortunately for him, I didn't think it was a good idea at all, not one bit. Nope, I was ticked. Not only did he take advantage of my sleep coma, he lied to the school.

Turns out he was up all night reading a book that he couldn't put down. Since reading is rather low on his list of priorities lately, I couldn't fault him on the activity, but I was not happy with him lying to the school. As in, grounded all weekend. Grounded with chores.

He's emptying the dishwasher right now, and he's going to straighten up the cabinets which are a jumble of things in the wrong places. It will be good for him. Really good for him. Whether he likes it or not.

Labels: , , , ,

Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

1 Comments:

Blogger Daisy said...

Good for him, whether he likes it or not. Works for me!

20/3/09 9:37 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.