HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

What a day this has been!

Have you ever had a day where every phone call, every visit, every email contains terrible news. Not just bad news, horrible sad news.

It started this morning at my weekly meeting where a member told us that he was just diagnosed with bladder cancer. Without going into his background, this is his second bout of cancer, he has really serious difficulties at home, and this is just about the last thing he needed. He's having a procedure to stage the cancer tomorrow.

Then another person told me that the wake of a kid from town, a kid who was just 19 and hung himself at college, was tonight. And that brought up another suicide from the same class and same group of kids, and of course that is the biggest fear that all mothers of teenagers have. Suicide is a serious problem for high school and college kids, and this particular kid was a great student, on several sports teams, very popular with a lot of friends, and gave no outward sign that he was depressed. The wake was sobering. Open casket. Tons of kids came from all over the country. All of the high school sports teams attended. Sobbing was universal. What a nightmare.

Then a friend with a 9 month old baby who has been horribly sick all winter, in and out of the hospital with pneumonia and RSV, has a heart condition. They aren't sure exactly what the problem is, so he's going back into the hospital tomorrow where they will do a battery of tests.

Lastly, a good friend of The Girl's broke up with her very long time boyfriend, who neglected to mention to her until today that he's moving to South Carolina next week. He's going to college there and just didn't have the nerve to tell her that he'd applied and been accepted. So she's beyond upset, which creates huge drama here at home with phone calls and IMing and the Girl going over to sit with her for a bit while she sobbed her heart out.

I only had 2 hours of sleep last night due to my own set of worries, aches and pains, and today I feel like crap. But I did two appointments before 9 am, and then my meeting, and then a bunch of other stuff and all of a sudden I looked down and my edema is back. Yippee!

With all this going on, I had a decent dose of reality and have decided that I'm just going to let CL sit and stew. I have the information, I've already passed it on to enough people that I know she's going to be outed whether or not I do it, and I'm hoping that she has enough brains to realize that she is HURTING people with her little hate blog. She isn't providing a safe place, she's providing a place to spew hatred and her own sick sense of power. I just don't have the strength at this particular moment to take this on when I have sick and dying friends, dead kids, and a bunch of REAL issues and REAL problems going on in my REAL life, not the imagined life that I've been assigned to over there.

But I just do want to say that the several HUNDRED DMs, emails, and texts as well as my comments are pretty clear on how people feel about her and her little hate site. It isn't pretty.

I've also made it clear to a lot of people on twitter that didn't realize that she was CL now know who she is. Ahem.

Labels: , , , , , ,

Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

3 Comments:

OpenID chloefieri said...

CL is just exercising her right to free speech under the First Amendment. No different from when you in name-calling and libelous ranting about school administrators, teachers, and SPED coordinators. No different from your fervent anti-Muslim, anti-Arab postings. CL and you have a right to say what you will. Everyone else has a right to ignore it, and we do.

12/3/09 12:34 PM  
Blogger Daisy said...

Margalit, your posts do not target individuals. You are by no means in her low class league. Of course, you know that.

12/3/09 6:58 PM  
Blogger margalit said...

Chloefieri, I want to reiterate my comment policy:

If your comment is rude and you have no link to your identity, your comments will be deleted.

You are no longer welcome to comment here. I would appreciate it if you would no longer read as well, since you seem to

A) be unable to parse my posts and glean what I was saying without being rude, judgemental, and WRONG.

B) reporting back to your little friends on the hate blog.

Wish I could say it's been swell knowing you, but I can't. Don't let the door hit your enormous ass and ego on the way out.

13/3/09 4:40 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.