HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Sunday, April 26, 2009

New Blog, New Rules

The new blog is almost ready to launch. The official launch date will be May 1, if Typepad fixes one thing that is driving me to drink. As I've mentioned, the new blog will be PRIVATE. This means that you must have a username and password to read it. Because it is private, you will need to apply for an account to read it.

Those that I know, who have a real blog address, a real email address, a twitter account, and a way for me to check on who you are if you don't, and who want to read the blog, I need you to email me at margalitc at yahoo dot com with the subject "NEW BLOG INFO". Even if you live around the block, you have to email me so I can add you to the list of readers.

If you are unable to substantiate who you are, or refuse to do so, I won't add you even if your name is Elizabeth Regina and your address is Windsor Castle. If you think I'm not going to check up on you, I will, and I'll do it carefully. I'll read your comments, your twitter threads, and who your friends are. If I see ANY relationship to a troll, sorry, but you'll be getting your entertainment elsewhere. This means that if you follow what I consider a troll on twitter, say goodbye now, because you don't have a chance in hell of following me. I've already culled hundreds of blogs and twitter followers that have links to haters. It won't bother me much to continue plowing through any requests. Believe me. You will not be reading my blog if you think it's OK to be buddies with a hater. Got that?

For everyone else, I don't mean to scare you away. If I know you, if I comment on your blog, if we've had decent interactions online, you're in like flint. I'm going to try to be an inclusive as possible while still keeping out the people that are killing my health with the extra added stress. Please, even if you're a total lurker that hasn't said boo in years but want to keep reading, send your information. Unless I know you're going to throw me to the wolves, I'm willing to give you a chance. But, and this is a big but, if you send me email that says "I'm lucy and I'm a lurker and I don't have a blog or twitter and I've never commented before on your blog" I'm terribly sorry, but that isn't enough information for me to judge whether or not you're a troll. I'm assuming you're not, but unless you can prove otherwise, I can't give you the account information. If you honestly have no blog, no twitter, and no online presence, how on earth am I supposed to know you're who you say you are. The entire point of this exercise is to keep the trolls at bay. So I'm leaving the onus in your hands. YOU have to tell me who you are.

So, Name, Blog URL, Twitter name, Email (and it has to be a real one that you're going to have to respond to) sent to margalitc at yahoo dot com with the subject "NEW BLOG INFO". If you're unable to comply, email me and we'll have a phone chat. But nobody gets to read the blog without passing through me. Sorry to irk all you trolls. What's fair is fair, though. Heh.

I hope to hear from you soon. For the people who have already applied, I'm waiting on Typepad for one quick change before I can send out the login information. Keep watching your email and this space for further information.

Labels: ,

Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.