HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Thursday, January 06, 2011

Crappy mood, 1 more box unpacked

Unpacking is not going well. Big surprise, huh? We got all of the important stuff unpacked and put away, but then we just got sick if it and pretend that it is normal to sit around with little furniture and many open boxes. The cats love all the boxes. Me, not so much. I've made some progress on all the clothes, but we have no washing machine so everything is dirty. I need to get a new used washing machine and gas dryer. Plus, my closet has no bar to hang anything up and it has wooden blocks to make into shelves, but again, no wood.

We have no sofa in the living room. Graham is using our former sofa as a bed until I can get both he and Gemma new beds and mattresses. But the sofa has long passed its expiration date and we need a new one.

The bathroom is not fully functional as we need a shower curtain. And a plunger.

I've had to replace so much stuff that just disappeared in the move. All our cleaning supplies, stuff to make the kitchen functional like a can opener and vegetable peeler. The glass in our coffee table and sofa table is gone, and quite a few pictures have broken glass as well.

It feels a lot like we are camping out in the city. I wish we had more places to sit down in the living room, but I have some ideas of how to get free furniture, because I sure can't pay for it.

Yesterday I found an online store that carries seconds of All Clad pots and pans. Even with their much cheaper prices, I would need about $800 to replace what is gone. Plus, and this is the real kicker, some kind person or persons ordered me some stuff off my wish list, but it got lost someplace and I can't track it because it was a gift, and they won't track it without a complaint from the purchaser so I'm out a bunch of stuff again. Does that suck or what.

So it seems like 2011 is off to a very rough start when it comes to me.  What a shock!

Labels: , , ,

Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.