HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Head...Wall. Meet each other

I'm not a particularly patient person. I'm way more patient than a couple of my friends, who just can't see that the world isn't out to screw them out of 3 minutes. But I'm not patient. Nobody is ever going to accuse me of being serene in a trying situation.

I am, however, uber sarcastic. When someone or someplace acts stupidly, I'm going to pop right up with some sort of rapier wit and let them know I'm annoyed. I like sarcasm. It works for me.

Last night I did some paperwork that needed to be done, including filling out our yearly medicaid/Mass Health eligibility forms. What they do is cut off all the people who were on last year until you fill out this stupid 9 page form. Believe me when I tell you this form is beyond the pale, but like a little Do-Bee I filled out all 9 pages. I poked into the original envelope to pull out the return envelope. The envelope that was not there. I looked under my bedside table and all over the floor but alas, no return envelope.

No problem. I have a stack of blank envelopes atop my file cabinet. I grabbed one and started to address it.

BUT...there was no address on the form. I read every single line several times. No address. So I use my handy dandy brain and go to the Mass Health.gov website, and head right over to their "Contact Us" page, where is, wait for it, NO Address. Puh-lenty of phone numbers, but no physical address.

Now, I am not a glutton for punishment and we've had Mass Health for 9 years so when I say there is no way in hell that I will deal with their phone system without a gun to my head. They put you on endless hold or disconnect you willie nilley. My momma didn't raise no fool.

I poked around the site and other government sites until I found the email of the department head, and then shot her off a totally sarcastic email about osmosis not working for me today.

Will I get a response? Iffy at best.

Update #1


Thank you for sending an email message to MassHealth Customer Service.

We are in the process of researching your issue.  You may expect a response regarding this matter within one (1) business day.  

Thank you for your patience while we assist you.  

MassHealth Customer Service


CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: Please note that Internet e-mail is not secure, meaning that outsiders may be able to "eavesdrop" on any e-mails you send to us. Therefore, we ask that you not send any personal information to us by e-mail. Personal information includes but is not limited to member names, dates of birth, identification numbers, addresses, phone numbers, fax numbers, and any information related to an individual's past, present or future health conditions or health insurance. If you have a question or comment for us that would involve revealing personal information, please contact us by regular mail, or call us at (800) 841-2900 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting              (800) 841-2900      end_of_the_skype_highlighting.

This e-mail, including attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information or otherwise be protected by law. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender, and destroy all copies and the original message.

Labels: ,

Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

2 Comments:

Blogger ~Nancy~ said...

Does this help?
Found it on google.

MassHealth Customer Service
Fax: 617-988-8973
Mailing address:
MassHealth
P.O. Box 9118
Hingham, MA 02043.

18/1/11 3:39 PM  
Blogger margalit said...

Unfortunately, no. I need a real live address, not just a box number. And guess who didn't get back to me today!

19/1/11 6:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.