HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Why is grey controversial?

I did it years ago.Friends of mine are doing it now. And the talk of women bloggers lately are talking about it as a radical feminist act.

I call bullshit. I just don't get it. Radical feminist act? I don't think so.

So what is all the blather about? Going grey. Not coloring your hair. Being au natural.

I've been grey for years. I can't even remember the last time I colored my hair, but it must have several years ago, because my hair is past my shoulders and there are no dark tips to be seen. I stopped coloring my hair when I became poor. I do remember the reason clearly. I couldn't justify spending money for colorant every month. Like everything else, I consider eating as more important than having drab dark brown hair.

My hair is now totally grey. I have a lighter, almost white, strip in the front, but the rest is salt and pepper. I'm so used to it that I don't think I'd even recognize myself with dark brown hair. I like being grey. I don't view it as a feminist declaration. I didn't know that I would be on the cutting edge of fashion by being too cheap to color my hair, but there you go.

There are a couple of things about my grey hair that I don't like. The grey makes my already unruly hair even more unmanageable with the spiral frizzies sticking out like antennae. And because I shed more than a whole pack of Olde English Sheepdogs, long white hairs litter every piece of furniture and every dark colored outfit I own.

So from this radical feminist, let it grow out. It looks really sexy being grey.

Labels: , ,

Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

2 Comments:

Blogger Ranchmom said...

I stopped coloring mine and am gradually going white. I wouldn't mind it as much if they didn't stick straight up - what is it with gray hair that makes it do that? I have a nice white section around my face. I never thought of it as a radical feminist act - who knew?

20/1/11 10:40 AM  
Blogger margalit said...

I don't know why grey hair is so much coarser, but I know on my head the white hairs stick straight up and curl like cork screws. It is mighty attractive...not.

20/1/11 11:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.